Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

z10 issues

I am on my 3rd z10. The first one would not respond to any input on the screen, contacts icon, phone icon and several others just disappeared. Brought it back to Verizon and they replaced. The refurbished phone arrived worked fine for two weeks, then it just wouldn't power on. I though maybe it was a faulty battery killing the phone, and bought a new battery...no luck. Returned it Verizon and they replaced it. On my 3rd z10 and the same issue, will not power up. My question now is

1. I don't think my luck can be that bad, and there is something else causing the problem, can a faulty charger be killing my phones?

2. When they replace the phones, why don't they replace the chargers and batteries to eliminate having to return multiple phones. (assuming it is a battery/charger causing the malfunction)

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: z10 issues

rottencorpse wrote:

I am on my 3rd z10. The first one would not respond to any input on the screen, contacts icon, phone icon and several others just disappeared. Brought it back to Verizon and they replaced. The refurbished phone arrived worked fine for two weeks, then it just wouldn't power on. I though maybe it was a faulty battery killing the phone, and bought a new battery...no luck. Returned it Verizon and they replaced it. On my 3rd z10 and the same issue, will not power up. My question now is

1. I don't think my luck can be that bad, and there is something else causing the problem, can a faulty charger be killing my phones?

2. When they replace the phones, why don't they replace the chargers and batteries to eliminate having to return multiple phones. (assuming it is a battery/charger causing the malfunction)

Answer 1: yes it can kill it (them)

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c
My Carrier: Idea

Try any of the playbook charger and did you connected ur phone to PC? What's the status? Let us know few more details what exactly you see when you connect a charger thru plug and thru PC using Blackberry link?
Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I am also on my 3rd phone with the same issue, only I am not able to bring them back.

3 different phones, 3 different chargers, 3 different batteries and 2 different locations

all of these bought at near full price.

after speaking to blackberry support, I will not be buying another one.

the solutions suggested to me was to buy a 4th phone from blackberry web site so I can get a one year warranty.

who wants to keep sending a phone back for warranty.  this issue has been around for a while and there is no help for it.

even through the playbook issues, I stuck with blackberry but this is the last straw.

if anyone else has a solution please let me know so I can fix these things and sell them.

enough is enough. I cannot believe the lack of support given for these things