Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
laurence719
My Device: z10

z10 locked and wont open

Hi ,

tried  to  unlock my z10 , it immediately showed attempt 6/10 , entered my password and nothing happened , didn't  even  show attempt 7/10 , carried on and nothing changed , tried entering any password again  and  again and nothing happened , still  shows its  6/10 .

I'm receiving calls , emails ( can't see them  as  the  phone  is  locked ) , all  other  notifications etc .

Tried connecting to my Mac but BB link  wont  work  unless unlocking the device .

Tried  restarting , took  out  battery , nothing .

Help  please .

Thanks ,

Laurence

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: z10 locked and wont open

Are you sure you did not forget your password for the Z10?  Check you are not using proper letter case.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
laurence719

I'm sure. No matter what password I enter , it remains at the 6/10 attempt . At this stage I have entered hundreds of passwords and nothing happens
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

This is very unusual. I use a number of Z10's and other Blackberry phones and never seen this.

Did you try calling Blackberry support?

I would guess you have a backup of the phone. You can try to re-install the operating system, and then restore the phone. Hopefully the backup is not password corrupted.

It is possible you installed a third party software and that is causing your grief with the phone. I have seen some very weird problems caused by independently written third party software.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
laurence719

Thanks , my  mind  was  in  "auto  mode" , I  never  noticed  its  asking  me  to  enter "blackberry" , got  this  morning  to  the  office , showed  the  phone  to  a  friend ( iphone  guy )  and  he  said "enter  blackberry"  at  first  I  never  understood  what  he's  talking  about  , took  a  glance , entered  blackberry , then  my  password  and  the  phone  is  unlocked .

Thanks .