Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
arutha
My Device: bb z10
My Carrier: orange botswana
Accepted Solution

z10 not connecting to mobile network

Hi guys!<br><br>I'm in a bit of a panic as my z10 won't connect to the mobile network. I have a working micro sim which works in my other phone.<br><br>The z10 is unlocked and I purchased it at the dubai duty free and am in Botswana at the moment.<br><br>When I click on connect to mobile network it keeps searching and no networks appears.<br><br>The wifi works fine and the rest of the phone is fine.<br><br>Pls advise
Please use plain text.
noor_cellhut
My Device: z10
My Carrier: ems

Re: z10 camera not working

hi my new black berry z10 camera not working i rest my cell fone twice butt still no use and there is no program runing on back end  what i do now plz help me worrried about my z10 i m so excited when i have my new z10

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: z10 not connecting to mobile network

You got two main issues...

When unlocking a phone they use a software that patches out some code to allow universal access. Depending on how the particular unlock software works it may not be proper.  It is best to get a phone that is set up properly for your service provider. Another issue is you have no idea of the phone is a defective or not, and it was unloaded by the dealer because there was a warranty issue.

If the Z10 is working properly, it should work with a regular phone plan as like a regular phone, but it will not have the dedicated Blackberry features.

Get in touch with Blackberry support and see if they could have a definate answer for you...

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arutha
My Device: bb z10
My Carrier: orange botswana

hi, thanks for the reply.

I bought 2 working micro sim cards which work on my other LG phone perfectly.

but when i put the sim into the bb z10 and turn on the mobile network, the phone searches forever without picking up any network. I dont know what to do as i bought the bb at the dubai duty free and am currently in Botswana.

There are no blackberry agents here.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stulsidas
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem bought the Z10 in dubai and its not connecting to a Netowrk but im Mauritius.

Please let me know if there is a solution

Please use plain text.
Contributor
glenn22640
My Carrier: orange

I have the same problem and also in Mauritius - I am on the Orange (Cellplus) network - spent couple of hours with the provider and finally have had a response - apparently the provider here in Mauritius is not ready for the z10 .

So I have only Calls and sms unless connected to WIFI - when roaming, even on Orange network in France, I have same problem so it seems that the Sim card provided in Mauritius by Orange is not yet compatible.

Orange here in Mauritius say that their network will only be compatible towards end of April.

Note also that when I loaded a Vodacom sim card into my Z10 in South Africa it worked perfectly so I quess the providers in some countries  are not up to speed yet.

My Z10 is unlocked

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stulsidas

rMy Z10 seems to work fine now, as in make and recieve calls. However, i am unable to buy a data package.

are you facing the same problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
glenn22640

In Mauritius only EMTEL data works not ORANGE - I spoek to orange last month and they lied and said that data package for Z10 would work at end of April - now they say end of May so who knows.

I popped into an EMTEL branch and bought a pay as you go card with data and place the sim card in my Z10 - it worked. (Note that I still have my blackberry acct with ORANGE)

So still waiting for ORANGE to give me another excuse!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stulsidas

Thanks man.

I dont really want to chnage to EMTEL will be soo long to change phone number and everything.

Would be grateful if you could post if you hear any update regarding Orange on Data Package and I will do the same.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Contributor
glenn22640

Sure will. A very helpful lady from orange will ctc me when Z10 is supported 

Please use plain text.