Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
johnnydipietro
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

z10 not responding - needs reboot

Hi guys,
I'm having reoccurring issue with my z10 daily, where it seems not to respond. The only thing that works is to navigate from one page to another of the app grid and but the hub shows "preparing blackberry hub". When I try to open any apps, nothing happens or the app opens and then closes itself. A reboot will fix it but this happens daily.

I don't know if this is an OS issue or device issue. I did do a security swipe but didn't fix the problem.

Does anyone one have similar issues?
Is there any fix for this?

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: z10 not responding - needs reboot

The issues sounds like an OS issue.  I would restore the OS back to Factory Default through BB link and see if the problem is resolved, if not then it might be hardware issue.  Do a backup of your system first before you do it.

Secure swipe.JPG

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnnydipietro

I will try restoring from BB link. is this the same as a security swipe froom thedevices itself?

I will not install new apps and will only setup one email account for the next few days to ensures its not an app issues causing the problem.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

I actually find it to be more reliable than secure wipe.  It will also check for any updates during the factory restore.  I did this recently to get rid of annoying message in my voice mail..  Plus I have been playing with the settings alll over the place.. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnnydipietro

I reloaded factory default on my z10 through BlackBerry Link as suggested, within the same day (less then 12 hrs) the same problem happened.
As I was browsing on the Internet, the Window closed itself and then I couldn't open any app and when I entered the hub, the phone was frozen and I had to reboot.

Could it be the OS? Would an software update correct this type of issue? Or am I the only one with this issue and the hardware be faulty?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

It is possible that you do have an issue.  Might want to contact your carrier for a replacement. Its not normal what you are going through.. and after the OS restore and you still have the same problems then something is not right.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnnydipietro

I will be receiving a replacment shortly, there was no hesitation from Bell and did not ask to troubleshoot.  We'll see what happens with the new phone.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
quif
My Device: Black Berry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir,
Iam also facing the same problem of Preparing Blackberry Hub, And when I try to open any apps, nothing happens or the app opens and then closes itself.
Plz suggest what to do...as i am worried and my business is at loss..plz mail me [removed personal information]

Please use plain text.