Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

bfarber
My Device: z10
My Carrier: ATT

z10 on AT&T questions

[ Edited ]

So it was tough pulling any information from any AT&T employee on the Z10. Finally found one at a second store on display after dealing with an extremely unhelpful individual at another. My local store would have 3 for sale and none for display. I asked "so do people buy $600 phones without trying them first?" The one I looked at was nice BUT the settings were locked by the store so I couldn't do any brightness adjustments. There was of course no email account of any type so I couldn't really check anything with email and I WOULD ASSUME this is a blackberry biggie over iPhone. I am currently using an IPhone 4S and used to be a blackberry bold user about 4 yrs ago or so. I pretty much felt the lack of "fun" that blackberry fell behind on would be their downfall. Now they apparently figured that out but the features that make them stand out most likely cannot even be checked with hands on and its going to hurt sales. Design a specific demo "display" phone setup if necessary. My commercial would have been "had blackberry released fun when they were a powerhouse" would have been a man leaving a powerful meeting in a high rise city view meeting room and using his business oriented blackberry for support. As he is leaving and the elevator door closes he loosens his tie and face times his son on a phone call where he is challenged to an online game of whatever. Focus AND MAKE AVAILABLE your strengths at all cost if this is your final effort is my recommendation because I want to go Z10 but I'm not sold yet and waiting on the next iPhone from my 4S takes no patience. Replaceable battery YES! Email structure synced with outlook? Settings available?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: z10 on AT&T questions

[ Edited ]

bfarber wrote:
I am currently using an IPhone 4S and used to be a blackberry bold user about 4 yrs ago or so.

Hi bfarber,

you did not say explicitly why you switched from the Bold to the iPhone 4S?

Especially about the exclusive features that you lost when switching to iOS.

bfarber wrote:
Focus AND MAKE AVAILABLE your strengths at all cost if this is your final effort is my recommendation because I want to go Z10 but I'm not sold yet and waiting on the next iPhone from my 4S takes no patience.

what do you want exactly?

I know this is not the best way but:

• you have hundreds of videos on BlackBerry's YouTube channel, made for people who have not decided yet
  • you have dozens of reviews and comparisons (with the iPhone5, with the Galaxy SIII, with the Nokia Lumia 920, with the HTC One and so on) from the major blogs
  • and more importantly, you have the shops from other carriers (except Sprint of course). Don't limit yourself to AT&T if you want to touch & feel the device :smileyhappy:

bfarber wrote:
Email structure synced with outlook?

for IMAP & ActiveSync, yes you have the email folder structure. So it is much better than BIS.

It even works with GMail's labels if you feel like it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.