Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
darcha70
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

z10 phone crash

I have had 2 z10's given to me now and they both lasted 4 days. Major crash blue screen then the phone I completely dead. What's up with this phone . I had a torch for 2 years and never had a problem........:Censored:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: z10 phone crash

This sounds like a bit of a stretch. First, two Z10's "given" to you? Both had blue screen crashes? I've never even heard of a blue screen crash on a Z10.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
darcha70

first phone given on contract signing second phone given when the first phone crashed

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
darcha70

when using the phone you could feel the heat on the back. after plugging it in it had a definate hot spot beside the battery. Maybe chip melt down....?

Please use plain text.
jutley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Att

Actually mine has crashed between 5- 10 times. It is scaring me, then yesterday, on youtube bluescreen, after that HARD crash!!

I hope its under warranty

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kholyo
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I've had similar problems since Friday. Phone keeps shutting off, a red light flashes (charger flash) and then it will randomly reboot. I've had 3 blue screen shut offs this weekend, and the phone has been turning itself on and off, wifi isn't working properly and not receiving incoming emails, etc.

I've read this may be related to a recent auto-update?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The random reboots have been a problem. However, some later OS versions have fixed it for many people. What is your OS version? You can type "myver" without the quotes in the body of an email, text or bbm and post the version number that pops up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kholyo

Honestly, it doesn't stay on long enough to check. It's been rebooting itself everytime it turns on. Just checked it and the screen went all scrambled and blue again, then it reset...again.

This is ridiculous. If it is a software update that is causing the problems, needs to be fixed immediately.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kholyo

Managed to check msgs briefly:
myver:
Z10STL100-3

when I checked for software updates, it said the OS currently installed is 10.1.0.273
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

What Its doing is not normal. Contact your carrier for a replacement.
Please use plain text.