Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
cmawby
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Koodo

z10 replies to plain text emails embed HTML characters into the header of replied note

I added an IMAP account for my work email -- when I receive a text-only email ands reply, the return note (as received by whoever I reply to) gets 'garbage' html characters in the header of the replied-to note.  How can I correct this as it is causing quite a problem /confusion for individauls I am replying to.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cmawby
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: z10 replies to plain text emails embed HTML characters into the header of replied note

Note, turning off the signature does not help.

Example reply:

Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 2:34 PM
To: User
Subject: Re: Test

=

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

= =table width="100%" style="background-color:white;border-spacing:0px="> =div id="_persistentHeader" style="border-style: soli= none none; border-top-color: rgb(181, 196, 223); border-top-width: 1pt; p=dding: 3pt 0in 0in; font-family: Tahoma, 'BB Alpha Sans', 'Slate Pro'; fon=-size: 10pt;">

Sent: Mon=ay, April 1, 2013 2:32 PM

To: test@domain.com

Subject: Test

Tes=
Original note

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alan1679
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: PCCW Hong Kong

Re: z10 replies to plain text emails embed HTML characters into the header of replied note

Hi,

I am having teh same problems and its getting very annoying...if someone has solution of suggestion please advice...on verge of throwing Z10 away....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xM74
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TELE2 Russia

No solution at this moment. And this is makes me sad.

Biggest mistake in OS 10.

Please use plain text.