Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10 stl100-1

z10 says no update available

Hello,

I was given a z10 the other day and got it activated via att in the US. The phone works great, however the software is very dated and id like to update.  

Currently, I have OS 10.0.10.261, and would like to get back up to speed.  However, everytime I attempt to update it states there are no software updates available and that I have the most recent software out there.  This will happen if I use BB link OR the web update.  

Ive tried to do this with and without the SIM installed with the same result.  I even went ahead to a security wipe level and it just wont find the update.  

Is this possible becuase I am in the US?  What is going on here?

I have no idea what I am doing, any help is always welcomed.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: z10 says no update available

If you google OS update for the z10, there are quite a few out there where you can download (at your own risk).

http://www.blackberryos.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=141

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

Whats the risks if i upgrade it? I have the same problem with shadizzle. The apps in z10 is unstable, camera n battery sucks and I heard the upgrade will help... (doubt will help much knowing how bb is)
New Contributor

dv-

Risk is, you could brick your phone or cause it to not fuction correctly at all.  Personally, I am not going to do this route.  

New Contributor

Going with a "leaked" OS is really the only option I can see so far.  Others have tried ordering a SIM card that is international and is stated to work.

Found this on CB

http://t.crackberry.com/leaked-os-10010648-blackberry-10-dev-alpha

New Contributor

DV, and to those having this same issue:

I got it-

-Load blackberry Link

-Do a FULL back up

-Read the link for the Leaked OS on crackberry's website

-Download OS

-Start at your own risk

-Took roughly 10-15min to complete, then did a backup restore.

All is well, I now run 10.0.10.648 and can have whatsapp along with other applicaitons that were buggy before.  

Keep in mind- THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Njoy!

http://t.crackberry.com/leaked-os-10010648-blackberry-10-dev-alpha

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

Ok.. thanks.. now what happen if my phone crash & not functioning? How to restore it?

I'm so frustrated with BlackBerry OS & all its upgrade process (and its stupid risks) and really disappointed with how BlackBerry handle this!

I'm switching back to android & never will recommend BlackBerry to anyone!!
New Contributor

For me it was mainly because I had the phone 2 weeks before the US launched it, so it was mainly a server issue on my end..

Where are you from?
the update should be available to you at this point. As for how BB has handled everything via updates. Its been pretty good if you ask me. The phone has been out for what a month, and already has seen a major OS update. Thats better than any droid or iOS out there. Stick with it man the Z10 is a nicer phone by far, minus the app selection.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

I was not able to fill in the APN info on my Z10, so I uploaded the leaked OS 10.1 . Now my phone now works great. However, the leaked OS had only a few apps and I an wondering how to load apps not on the BB site (e.g. docs to go)?

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

I am in Sweden: a country with few BBs. Not sure why but Iphones are much more common (my family has 4 of them). I'll keep looking for the recent OS update and hope that it will solve the problems of factory installed apps.