Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: alfa

z10 speaker not working (muted)

Dear all,

OS 10.1.0.273 here, problem was present on OS 10 also, phone is STL100-1

This seems to be a widespread problem, a lot of my friends are experiencing it, my z10's speaker suddenly stops working, although all the volume cursors are on max or near max,

I expericence no ringtones no notifications no music no videos nothing. i am missing a lot of my calls due to this problem and it is not acceptable.

Some people are linking it to Bluetooth, but i never used bluetooth on my device, is it a software bug? hardware bug?

I did a restart, removed battery, hard reset, everything, the sound only returns when the phone decides to return it.

A Friend suggested that i put my speaker volume on approximatly 70 % because the speakers were sluggish, i am now trying this solution, but i didnt pay almost 800 $ in order for me to find the solution myself.

I advice BB to take this issue seriously otherwise they will end up with a lot of unhappy customers.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: axis

Re: z10 speaker not working (muted)

i also experiencing the same problem.. I did reduce the speaker volume to 70%, i did everything you name it for this stupid phone, even i did factory reset, still the speaker is not functioning. this z10 is suck
New Contributor

I did experience it again, but this time the sound returned by itself in 2 hours.

What is this?? No one from BB can suggest anything? faulty speakers? software? anything?

My Carrier: Telkomsel

got the same issue since updating to 10.1.0.273 on my STL100-2. also the Z10 randomly making beep sound from speaker before its finally muted 

My Carrier: Movistar

Having exactly the same problem. Tris must be a major issue. Too strange so many people is reporting exactly the same symptoms. My carrier is Movistar Venezuela so this is not a carrier related problem. This is a to much expensive piece of hardware to be having such a serious problem.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 year 2013
My Carrier: Maxis

yeaahhhh me too.. same problem... same issue.. just bought z10 a week ago... everything i tried to settle this **bleep**........ bought RM2,199 (Malaysia Ringgit) what a lousy!!!!

My Device: z10
My Carrier: +6282111300595

Yes, I have the same problem on my z10, my speaker is not working.. I need help. I tried to restart several times, include system wipe off. Some one please help...is very irritating.  

New Contributor

I improvised a solution, and the phone is working perfectly since then.

I removed all sound notfifcations for msgs, emails, whatsapp....... and kept only the vibration working.

Because i noticed that the sound used to cut off when several notifications were playing at the same time (2 emails received at the same time for example).

well so far it is working, but it is not a satisfactory solution, my 4 years old Torch did not experience these sound issues, which is unacceptable for a 2013 phone.

New Contributor

unfortunalty my method did not work, my phone is muted again, but rejoice everyone i discovered the solution and it works 100 %.

When your phone is muted, play a music file (no sound i know), remove the back cover, and press your fingers below the battery (dont know the exact place, in the middle above the speaker), and the sound returns, MAGIC.

Well it seems to be either a harware issue or a cover issue.

Hope it helps you all

New Contributor
My Carrier: MTS UA