Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: z10 upgrade

Yep, I was closed-minded about all that for quite a while also.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Ok, this doesn't help. Why doesn't the app work as it should? I held off going to the Z-10 until the sync app was developed. Understanding that he app was GA'd almost a year ago, you would think all the bugs would be out of it by now (at least it should work), right? But 10 months later, you suggest that I compromise my requirements in lieu of a fix? You can infer that I am close minded here all you want, but that's not going to fix the real problem.

I was hoping that since you were a resident expert and have solved over 5,000 issues, that perhaps you could provide better insight on what may be happening with this issue. Do you know if anyone in development is working this issue? 

Is there someone I can call at RIM to discuss this issue and get an honest reply to any efforts being made to resolve this?

Please, I need this working.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: VZW

[ Edited ]

Adventurer-2010 wrote:

Ok, this doesn't help. Why doesn't the app work as it should? I held off going to the Z-10 until the sync app was developed. Understanding that he app was GA'd almost a year ago, you would think all the bugs would be out of it by now (at least it should work), right? But 10 months later, you suggest that I compromise my requirements in lieu of a fix? You can infer that I am close minded here all you want, but that's not going to fix the real problem.

I was hoping that since you were a resident expert and have solved over 5,000 issues, that perhaps you could provide better insight on what may be happening with this issue. Do you know if anyone in development is working this issue? 

Is there someone I can call at RIM to discuss this issue and get an honest reply to any efforts being made to resolve this?

Please, I need this working.

I don't know that you'll get a satisfactory resolution to your problem. It's widely known that Link is notoriously slow and buggy. it's also known that Windows 8.1 is not quite ready for prime time either. It's also known that Link and 8.1 don't play well together. Please...go ahead and laugh at me but I'm typing from a laptop that is on XP. For whatever reasons Link, in spite of its sluggishness, has always worked for me (guess I'm one of the lucky
few). I also have the official Rogers 10.2 on my Z10 and it works quite well! I don't know if an OS update (thought I read that you're on 10.1) will make a difference for you but it's certainly worth a try and in my humble opinion is superior to 10.1. BlackBerry does have a tech support line and it might be worth a call. Good Luck!

Added Contact Info:

NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377 
UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
Europe: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: +11-647-426-1108
www.blackberry.com/support
VZW Z10 on OS 10.2.1.2234

Whether it helps or not, it's a fact. :smileywink:

For official support, please read this: 

How Formal Support Works

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thanks,  Ihiker.

I've gone the route you suggested and called RIM through my provider. They did open an incident as they stated that they are activly working this issue so at least I feel like something is happening to resolve this. 

Regarding going to 10.2, I am bit reluctant to try an OS that has not yet been GA'd as if I do so, I may not get the support I need from the developers. If they suggest I do this than at least I'll have them in my court.

Unlike the status quo, I would rather force these companies to provide product to run as they advertise than accepting the bugs as they are "provided". Microsoft and RIM development will not work together unless they get pressure from their customers. RIM advertises that Link works with Windows, but that isn't the case.

I understand this may be a known problem, but that fact doesn't allow me to run my business the way I need to run it. And, we as consumers should not accept it as the "new normal".

[ Edited ]

Link works great with my Windows systems.

And 10.2 has been released and approved by all of the world's carriers with the exception of Verizon, and Tmobile, in the USA.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: VZW

Link has always worked for me as well...just unbearably slow! I haven't checked any U.S. carriers for 10.2.0 since I loaded the Rogers through Sachesi, right after it dropped. I guess everyone's really waiting for 10.2.1 since it does so much more...

VZW Z10 on OS 10.2.1.2234