Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Contributor
My Device: z30
My Carrier: verizon

Auto Correct

when typing a message (text or whatever) an auto-corrected word will show up in green where the spacebar is located, but if I DON"T want that word and instead want the word I actually typed, it shows up in the line above that green word but doesn't allow you to click on it.  Then, if you simply want to keep the word you actually typed and insert a space and move onto the next word, you CAN"T because that autocorrected word is taking the place of the space bar so you can't move on.  You have to hit it, then space back to correct it to what you actually typed in the first place!  Is there some other way to keep the word you typed and hit the space bar without inserted the autocorrected word?

Also, how do you select from the many words they suggest as you are typing, that are located on the bars above each of the rows of letters?  Thanks!

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Auto Correct

ellennas wrote:

when typing a message (text or whatever) an auto-corrected word will show up in green where the spacebar is located, but if I DON"T want that word and instead want the word I actually typed, it shows up in the line above that green word but doesn't allow you to click on it.

Lightly swipe UPwards across the "white" intended word.

ellennas wrote:

Also, how do you select from the many words they suggest as you are typing, that are located on the bars above each of the rows of letters?  Thanks!

Swipe upwards on those suggested words which appear on the keyboard.
There are some great tips here on how that works.  http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/customizing-word-suggestions/

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Auto Correct

swipe up on a word you want to use that is shown

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V