Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Black Screen

No I don't drop it. nothing the phone still black sreen I returned the phone to Rogers they gave me a other z30 thanks guys !!!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10(STL100-1) Z30(STA100-2)
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Now have fun with the Z30!!!
sent from my IMBA BlackBerry Smartphone
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: MTN

Me too, after today's backup my BLACKberry Z30's screen is BLACK.

The phone is working, I can call it and it rings, it makes a sound when I receive and sms or bbm.

Even when I plug and unplug the charger it makes the normal sound.

None of the described restart options works.

My wife's Z10 did the same also after today's upgrade but I could fix that by removing and replacing the battery.

Z30 = fixed battery, no solution.

and NO I did not drop the phone and this phone is today exactly 2 weeks old (or in my posession)

I can even connect it to my PC with BB Link and see my files and Link sees the phone.

Seems like everything but the screen is working.

Only Dead Fish Go with the Flow
Regular Contributor

O yes, and in Link if I tell it to look for upgrade it tells my I have the latest version.

On home screen it says

Software release 10.3.1.1565

OS version 10.3.1.2243

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

hold both volume keys for 30 seconds to simulate a battery pull

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

I did that several times without success. This time because it is connected to the computer I could see after about ten seconds the pc said the device has been disconnected. I pushed the buttons for about 32 seconds to make sure. But after about 5 seconds after I released the buttons the computer said that is connected again. It is impossible for it to restart in such a short time.

Thus I presume it is not restarting at all.

I find it strange that the Z30 and the Z10 had the same problem after the upgrade on the same. We had the Z10 for more than 2 years now and it is the first time it happened to the Z10. Z10 was fixed, battery can be removed.

Regular Contributor

Maybe the upgrade did not complete for some reason. Is it not possible to force a reload of the OS from BB Link since I can connect to the device via link?

Regular Contributor

OK, while connected to the pc I've pressed and held the top start button. After ten seconds a message popped up in Link which actually gave me the option to reload the device software.

I click it in link, after a while it asked me to hold power button again for ten seconds which I did.

The it told me it needs to install a Device Software Updater and I allowed it.

Green light was on  on Z30

Then it told me that existing software was detected on my pc and I must disconnect my device , close software and click OK, I followed the instructions.

Now it asked I must restart my system which I will do not , thus I cannot complete all of this in one post I will have to come back later.

Regular Contributor

I am back but with bad news. My Z30 talked to me after I reconnected it to Link. It told me we can continue but I must first accept the license agreement. Great technology but with a blank screen I cannot accept the agreement.

Seems like I will have to take it back 

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I have exactly the same problem.

Had my z30 for over a year and it has always been perfect. Until the latest software update i did last night.

The software update was completed and my phone rebooted and I was using the phone last night on the new software. Then I turned it off to charge it overnight and when I turned it on this morning, the screen was black.

Still black, despite trying all the reboots mentioned here.

My red lights flashes, it rings and I hear notifications of stuff arriving on my device, but the screen is completely black and unresponsive.

Please help!!!