Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
My Device: Z30 Smart Phone
My Carrier: Bell

Blackberry Link does not recognize my Z30

Blackberry Link does not recognize my Z30, yet my Z30 recognizes my computer.  I am trying to transfer data from old BB phone to Z30. Any suggestions?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30, Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Link does not recognize my Z30

Reboot your Z30 by pushing the top button for 2 sec and then select 'restart'.
Maybe another USB port works better? Check that WiFi is turned off in the link software and the Z30.
New Contributor
My Device: Z30 Smart Phone

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it twice and it did not work.  Tried everything twice (uploaded Z30 software, removed and uploaded Blackberry link) plus was on the phone/computer with Blackberry for about 2 and a half hours.  I returned the phone thinking it was the connection within the Z30 (so did the technician), but I have the same exact problem as before.   Very frustrating.  Not sure what to do now.  Any suggestions would help.   

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30, Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Let's try something new. There is another piece of software which can talk to the Z30.

I remember 3 years ago that I had 1 of 3 computers which could not talk to my Torch 9800 via the BB DTM (Desk Top Manager) because Blackberry did not provide a proper driver for my older USB hardware in one of my computers.

I assume you checked your USB port with a memory stick and Windows worked OK seeing your files.

Now, we might climb up the wrong tree but let's try it. It does not take long to climb down again.

Put the Z30 in airplane mode under 'Settings' but do not connect it to the PC yet.

1) Open up this URL:
http://www.qtness.com/blog/?p=273

2) Select 'Windows 1.1.2 (5400KB, 32-bit), a few lines down if you have a 32 bit Windows PC OS (do not
click the 'big green download button' !!!)

3) After you did your proper PC selection you should see now be now this URL:

https://mega.co.nz/#!vsYHASTR!BLrXsUN__fA4uzYdDIgY1kl1nN1-Uj0CLL2HaSUBgp8

4) On this page select: Sachesi-1.1.2.exe

5) The cloud symbol will go to 100% and then

6) Check your 'Download folder' for Sachesi-1.1.2.exe (5.2 MB)

7) Next, I suggest to move now this file to your root C: directory folder

and rename it: Sachesi.exe

8) Open 'Start' then 'Run' and type: CMD

9) You might see: 'C:\Documents and Settings\User>' or something like it

10) Type:cd .. (note the space between cd and ..) the line should change to something like this:
'C:\Documents and Settings'

11) Type:cd .. the line should look like this
c:\>

12) Type:sachesi.exe (or Sachesi-1.1.2.exe if you did not rename the file)

13) A box should pop up with 4 tabs at the top

14) Select the 'Backup' tab , you will see at the bottom: 'These tools require USB connection'.

15) OK, now plug in your Z30 and wait a bit.

16) If you now see, say after 1 minute:'Load Backup Options' your Z30 is fine.

(You can now go to step 21 if it did not connect or to step22 if Sachesei found your Z30 . Note, step 17 to 20 are just if you are curious)

17) You could click 'Load Backup Options', wait a bit

(Sachesi checks Appliaction Data, Media, and Settings for MB sizes just like the 'Link software' in manual mode (not full back up)).

18) I hope under 'Settings' you will see, say 4 MB or so.

19) Select only the 'Settings' check box , then 'Create backup' and select C:smileyvery-happy:rive for your test backup file and name it, say 'Z30Settings' so you can find the file in the C: folder later.

20) While Sachesi backs up you should see on your phone's screen (using the slide up gesture):
'Back up in progress' i.e. you have a working USB port. Check your C:drive folder and you should find a file, say: Z30Settings.bbb. OK ,close the Sachesi Box and climb down the tree. The test is over.

21) If Sachesi did not work after you plugged in your Z30 then I guess it is time to try another PC. As I said above, one of my 3 PCs was on the mercy of the Blackberry USB driver version for my oudated USB ports.

22) However, if this test method worked let us know. Maybe, it is a BB-USB driver issue again (?). Please, give feedback.

If you want to know more about Sachesi this would be another thread. It is somewhat an alternative for the LINK's 'backup' and 'reload' functions for non-leaked, i.e. legal BB10 OS versions for BB10 phones with more freedom and details than the link software offers.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: Blackberry Link does not recognize my Z30 - resolved

Very frustrating but I found a solution that worked for me:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z30-f401/anyone-having-issues-z30-bb-link-873718/
"My Z30 doesn't connect to Link if i have USB mass storage mode turned on. connects perfect every time with that setting turned off." 1111becker

Why doesn't the software provide this onscreen as a notice if it is required?

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Make sure you try ALL your USB ports.  I have 4 USB ports in the front of my computer.  NONE of them work with my Z30.  Plugged directly into a USB port in the back of the computer and the computer immediately identified the Z30.