Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
shadaway
My Device: Z30
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Z30 Video Chat Contacts

Have been trying for hours to figure out how to use BBM Video Chat - Tutorials, Demos, User Guide Manual, You Tube.  I first need to figure out how to first create/add Video Chat Contacts.  Can't find anywhere that says how to do this.  I do not see the little video camera symbol on my phone when I open BBM so that I can send a BBM Video Chat request to my Contacts.  Am I missing something ?  Do I have to change a setting in my phone ?  My husband added BBM to his Android phone, but, we can only text chat or voice chat thru BBM.  How do I know whether to use a cell phone number or an email address when sending out BBM requests ?  Call me frustrated !!!!!!!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Z30 Video Chat Contacts

Android devices do not yet have the video chat function.

You'll need another BB10 device user as a BBM contact.

When you do, you will see that user's BBM contact with a bright green icon in the top right corner. If there is a video camera icon in the middle of that green icon, you have video chat functions with that user.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
shadaway
My Device: Z30

Thank you so much for that information.  Because an Android phone can now have the BBM App, I just assumed that the Video Chat function would work.  Guess I'll have to find some friends with Blackberry phones.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Voice chat yes,

video chat currently no.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code