Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

ejaffer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Can not switch between model Z10 to Z30

Hi,

I can't seem to transfer or switch devices from the Z10 to the new Z30 I just purchased.  The error message I receive is that I am switching from a higher OS to a lower OS.  The Z10 has an OS of 10.2.0.424 and the Z30 has an OS of 10.2.0.210.  I have tried software updates but I get a message stating that my OS is the latest version.  Can you suggest a way that I can switch to the new phone and copy all of my setting, data, etc.?  Or, will there be an update coming soon for Z30 to a higher OS version?

Thanks,

Eric

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Can not switch between model Z10 to Z30

Currently you cannot restore a newer backup file to an older OS. Hopefully, there will be an update soon so that you can restore. In the mean time you might want to give this a try:

http://berryleaks.wikia.com/wiki/Darcy%27s_BlackBerry_Tools
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Here is another solution. I haven't tried this myself but I have heard that others have had success. I've been told it should work as long as you get the OS version number correct and repackage the file when you're done.

Here is what I would do if I were doing this. I would use Link to make my backup file. However, rather than make one large backup I would make an individual backup for Settings, App Data and Media. That puts it into three separate files. Then I would try the procedure in the link below on one of the backups and see if it works.

http://www.mondoblackberry.com/en/blackberry-10-restoring-backup-after-a-firmware-downgrade/

Post back how it works for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ricottonca
My Device: PlayBook, Q10, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

I had similar issues with my upgrade and device switch using the BB Link.

On the switch backup file, I used winzip, and modified the manifest file and it worked. All you have to do change the OS version on the manifest file. The version should match your new device version. ( i am referring to the second solution above). Save the changes... Then do the switch or restore again. I am happy with it.

Cheers....

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Excellent! If you would, Mark the post as a solution so the next person searching finds the solution quickly.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
b1gbleu
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I'd update the z30 to a newer os than Fooling the phone into thinking the data is later than it should be. It's pretty simple to download and install using the autoloader.
Google blackberry leaked os files.
Please use plain text.