Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

celticwolflady
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: EE

Charging problems on new Z30

Hi all

Took delivery of my new Z30 on 28th Oct and was really pleased apart that from the outset had issues with the supplied charger cable fitting the port on the phone charged it successfully a couple of times but last time I plugged in the charger and the battery went from 20% to zero in about two seconds and now fails to charge :smileysad:sent back to people I bought it from and their technical report says I've damaged the charger port but having looked at other forums there does seem to be an issue with the charger and ports on this model does anyone have any advice

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

Re: Charging problems on new Z30

Hi mate, what you can do is take out the battary then put it charging without the battary then take it out put the battary back and check again might just be a bug...

Please use plain text.
celticwolflady
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: EE

Wasn't aware I could take the battery out thought it was fixed definitely bent pins in the charger port can see them but caused by the usb cable supplied with the phone as not used any other

Please use plain text.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

aw well in that case you either had a bad product or you bend the pins consider taking it back to the carrier and ask for advice

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

the Z30 does not have a removable battery

if you bent the USB pins, you miht be able to bend them back but they break easy after being bent

Make sure you plug in the USB the right way as when doing it backwards can wreck the port and is easy to do

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

The battery is not user removable. 

If you accidently forced the micro-USB connector in the wrong way, the charge port could be damaged. You would have to send the phone for service to have it replaced. If they charge for this service it will not be cheap. 

It may be cheaper to send the phone to an independent service center that services Blackberry phones, but if it is not service by Blackberry all the warranty will be lost. 

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.