Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Regular Contributor
msd1962
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: VodaFone

Duplicate Contacts in Z30

I have BB Z30 and two days back updated to 10.2.1.2102...and thereafter all my contacts are getting messed up. In earlier version of 10.2.1  this was never a problem. However, in last 2 days it has become really a problem as all my Microsoft Outlook Contacts are getting mirrored and sometimes some contacts gets mixed up with some other contact...

Is there any solutions for this??? or else...

Is there any way I can downgrade to earlier version???

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MJS67
My Device: 32A7
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Duplicate Contacts in Z30

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same issue & with 3,500+ contacts it is becoming a big issue along with the inability to Sync updates to my Calendar & Contacts using Blackberry Link after the last Software update to 10.2.1.2012

I need Blackberry to fix this software error ASAP as all the other features of Z30 are top class & blow the other Smartphones out of the water. Blackberry, please help...

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

I think it likely even if you downgrade you will still see the same problem.

Check your account syncing options, make sure that you are not double syncing.

If you use skype then this can also happen.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Could be a corrupt contact

Start with this.

In outlook Make a new folder for contacts called backup

move all contacts to the folder and wait for all to be removed from deviceafter a sync

then pull battery on device and put back in

After device boots move contacts from backup to the contacts folder and wait for them all to appear

Make a new contact in outlook and see if it gets to the device after a sync

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

I have the same problem some times there are more than two contacts....
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
msd1962

The Outlook I guess has no issues...as it was syn. without any problems before the latest OS update. Also, the Calender has no issues.....

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
msd1962

Finally....I ahve found the way out.....Now I am using my Gmail A/c to sync the contacts...and for last 4/5 days...no issues with that. So now, I am using Gmail a/c for contacts and Outlook for Calender....This is working fine now....

Before doing this..I deleted all the contacts from Z30 and also the calender...switched off the phone and then after starting it again configured my Gmail A/c to sync mails & contacts....and BB Link to sync only calender....

Guyes...try this solution....and let me know if it works for you as well.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MJS67
My Device: 32A7
My Carrier: Vodafone

Anyone using Outlook on PC is doing so because they either don't trust or can't get on with using a third party email exchange, especially one based via a Cloud server somewhere in the world. I for one, would never trust having my company database of customers, suppliers & other contacts to an external corporate account operated by Microsoft, Google, Apple or any other such company.

BB users still use BB simply because it now vrtually the stand alone platform to sync easily & securly with a PC based Outlook program, thus sharing data updated on the company network with external employees & vice versa. Frankly without the ability to perform this action there is no point to staying with BB as a business tool.

BB need to update their Link & BB10 operating system NOW to enable fast & efficient cross transfer of data between Outlook & their mobile operating on BB10 software. We do not want to use 3rd party software, cloud data systems or any other 3rd party equipment.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

@MJS67 Must be very expensive running your own ISP company just for email. :smileyhappy:

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
msd1962

I agree with you MJS67.... but unfortunetly...BB's track record in coming up with the solution to the problem is very slow...and hence probably Gmail or such other Account is just the temporary solution (at least I am using this as temporary solution) till BB comes up with the solution.....

Please use plain text.