Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

James_64
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: o2

Making and receiving calls - default setting is for headphone use

Hi, when I make or receive a call the default setting is to use the 'headphones'.  I have to change this setting each time as I start make or when I receive a call to 'Handset'.  This means that the phone doesn't work with Bluetooth, as I'm driving I can't change the settings. 

I have looked, but can't find a way to change the default setting (so this is my question - can it be done?) or is this a hardware fault?

Regards

J

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Making and receiving calls - default setting is for headphone use

insert head phone into it a few times and it might clear up

I have had a few new devices that after 20 times the jack srted to work fine after. I guess maybe some lint might have got in there

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
James_64
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: o2

Thanks, have tried that, including starting the call with the headphones and then removing then.  Still no change.  Also noted that only one of the headphones, tried this with second set and same, seems there might be a hardware problem?

J

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

James_64 wrote:

Thanks, have tried that, including starting the call with the headphones and then removing then.  Still no change.  Also noted that only one of the headphones, tried this with second set and same, seems there might be a hardware problem?

J

possible you have a defective switch in the head set jack, maybe time to contact place of purchase

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ellennas
My Device: z30
My Carrier: verizon

I had the same issue with the headset, and it miraculously cleared up and now isn't the default.  However, I too have the issue where only one of the earphones works on any headphones.  Very annoying!

Please use plain text.