Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
whsmith
My Device: Z30

Remote Access to Computer

[ Edited ]

Hi.....more questions.

I have downloaded Blackberry Link, attached Z30 and set up my system requesting remote access etc.  When I disconnect my phone BBLink says my Z30 is disconnected. Both computer and phone are connected to WiFi. My computer has Windows Vista and my Z30 Does NOT have a SD card (if that is required.....???)  Both computer and phone have been rebooted.  My (tekkie) friend has a Z10 and his works flawlessly with file manager app.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5

Re: Remote Access to Computer

can you please point out the main problem? you dont need an sd card in order to do that

New Contributor
whsmith

Sorry, Didn't mean to confuse......

Basically I cannot get remote access to work (my z30 will not communicate with my computers unless I am hard wired)  I have two laptops (1 operating Windows Vista and the other Windows 7) and they both will not connect to my Z30

Developer
vmisirlis

Hmm that's wierd... have you checked for any settings? also you can enable the developer mode just to be sure :smileywink:
New Contributor
whsmith

I have checked settings, contacted my service provider & followed all instructions including deleting and reinstalling BBLink numerous times, changing computer name ID (which for some reason has been the solution to other individuals problem) with no resolution. A friend of mine has a Z10 and he has the remote access working but he had to do numerous actions (like I previously mentioned) and then one day it just started working.

Do you have it up and running on a Z30?

Developer
vmisirlis

I have it for z10... didn't have a problem from the start