Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell

Resellers are not bright when it comes to BlackBerry

[ Edited ]

No matter what store I go into,... anywhere.. is there a sales person who knows a THING about BB products or accessories.  It's getting annoying. 

I was looking at one of these music gateways, in the store, debating about getting one.  (Hate to spend my hard earned money lol) I asked if it would hook into my Bose dock?  AND then can I play from my z10 AND will it play from my bluetooth laptop?  I already know the answer but I always question everything to death :smileytongue:  assuming I am wrong.

The sales guy starts to read the little blurb on the display in front of the Music Gateway (which was too small for me to read w/o my glasses) & said.. Oh.. yes, it will use NFC to connect so your dock will need NFC.   & so will your laptop. Not many laptops have that. Sony does. I'm like.. NFC? It doesn't use BlueTooth?  He says no. FIrst.. pare it.. & as he starts to explain paring, like I have no clue...  he contiues to read the little blurb on the display & says.. wait. No, it does use bluetooth. So your z10 should work... & your laptop will work, if it has bluetooth.

But you can find a salesperson in every store that can tell you anything about i{REMOVED}. lol

OMG.   

Mod Edit: Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Asmus
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: China Mobile HK

Re: Resellers are not bright when it comes to BlackBerry

Resellers have the BB because somebody told them it is a good device. In Hong Kong they make big eyes when you tell them that you want to buy one. You can get almost everywhere BB, from Bold over Porscher, from Q5 and Q10 over Z10 to Z30. But as soon as you have a question you stay alone. And worst to get accessories, for Z30 it is impossible to get any cover or screen safer. I changed from Apple to BB. But the Apple service (if you have an apple store close by) is the best, sorry to say so.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TLdAnon
My Device: Z30 100-2
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

It's been one of the biggest head aches I've had so far on this journey switching to BB.

EVERY store you walk into, EVERY sales person you speak with walks you straight to the iPhone, then they walk you to the Samsung Galaxy section. They don't even mention anything else unless I specifically ask 'hey, whats this device?'.

The other devices on the walls aren't at all taken care of and many aren't even turned on/haven't been charged for you to play with. This goes for Windows Phone as well. If I were a manufacturer I'd be furious with the sales practices of the retail stores I have my products in.

I mean, I don't know what that relationship is like at all so, call me ignorant but, there has to be something they can do, right?

VICTORY NOT VENGEANCE
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

"But the Apple service (if you have an apple store close by) is the best, sorry to say so."

It used to be HORRIED.  You would have to ship your device back. Now, there are stores everywhere & you just walk in. So yes, at this point in time, is it quite nice. My kids have some ipods & things.. one even has the dreaded iphone.  I tried to convince him to go BB but he wouldn't!  

I also kmow, it was not always like this for BB.  Stores used to have a clue & did not try to push everyone away from buying BB.  Now, they don't really push you away quite so much as they were doing for a while, but they sure do not push it at all.  I do see a switch to the Android push.  I really don't think it's up to the stores to push one, over the other. Do you?  They really should be there to provide information for the customer to make their own, informed decision.    

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TLdAnon

Well, I think if it's a full on sales job, the pay is probably based at minimum wage which, here in IL is $8.25/hour and for each sale you'll get a percentage. And the more you sell in dollars, the more of a bonus. So, as long as that is the way the system works, they have no reason to learn about other products, only the ones that are marketed the most; whether it's good or not or whether it will best suit the needs of the customer or not.

I've literally had sales people tell me that 'nobody buys those phones, let me show you the 5' Android phones'.
VICTORY NOT VENGEANCE
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

[ Edited ]

BB should hire my husbands' boss.  He is so into bb & knows everything there is to know & pushes it so hard.   My husband said he thinks he may be a beta tester as well.  

I had the z10 when it first came out & I went into some stores looking for accessories (especially pink ones :smileytongue: lol) sales people all wanted to see my z10.. at the time, none had seen it.    They were all interested but most had already switched to android & no interest left, in switching to BB.

Accessories are very lacking IN stores... well, online as well but less so.

And I found out that the WHITE z10 is a smidge different in size than the black (MISTAKE) so I can't order cases as I found they don't fit the white properly & I can't properly plug my device in :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Asmus
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: China Mobile HK

For Hong Kong I can say that they don't push you anywhere. 

But - if you have 10-15 different devices of Samsung in your shop, just up to five BB devices and up to 3 Nokia ... what do you think the costumer will ask for?
And I asked around before I moved from Apple to BB which is the most direction the users switch and for HK it is for sure that costumer leave Apple for Samsung. It is all about advertising.

An other point - why ppl still have so much hate about any stupid electronic device??? iPhone is not more **bleep** than BB and Samsung is not better than Nokia. Each and every person need a different device. I love the fact that Apple has the best Service for sure. Samsung has the most different sizes, Nokia the best Camera, BB is most safe and has the best keyboard, Google now the most common software (Android) and windows the best compatibility with office (what a surprise). I would love to see the day coming when they all work together and build just the best -  mobile that can brew my coffee in the morning :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TLdAnon

"I would love to see the day coming when they all work together and build just the best - mobile that can brew my coffee in the morning"

And thats somewhat of the issue we're facing, right? I mean, competition only drives things so far and after that, it just stifles growth. You can see this with how much is spent on all these various lawsuits and whatnot instead of utilizing better manufacturing processes and the like.
VICTORY NOT VENGEANCE
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

[ Edited ]

"iPhone is not more **bleep**"

It is if you do not like to be stuck in the iworld.  I cannot stand the itunes program! Have hated it since I bought my kids their first ipod YRS ago.  I didn't dislike it for no reason.. I felt nothing towards it - until I got those blasted ipods. 

The new LINK boarders way too close to itunes for my liking.  It took away my ability to move my music where or how I wanted it; lumped in the  ringtones with music (the person who made that brilliant move is in Santa's bad books & getting coal for xmas for the rest of their life! lol)

The BB's I have had, or my husband has had, have been Good, Solid phones. I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would Not like it!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TLdAnon

Well, personally, I'm super excited to get my Z30 tomorrow. ... Hopefully get it tomorrow. It's in the post and I'm afraid I might miss the pick up tomorrow which means I won't have it till Monday *dies*
VICTORY NOT VENGEANCE
Please use plain text.