Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

My Device: Z30 - STA1000-5

Sync Fails

I have a Z30 when I first got it Sync was done no problem Then I did an update to a newer OS on my phone. Now when I try to sync Calendar from Device to computer It say it was done successfully but has not .( using OUTLOOK 2007). When I try to sync Contacts from the computer to device and error says "Fail to commit changes to device. Can you help me

Thanks in advance

Don

Developer
My Device: Q5

Re: Sync Fails

Does it only say fail to commit changes to device? Also which client are you using BlackBerry link?
New Contributor
My Device: z30

I too have problems. I got my phone recently and updated the OS and have never successfully had a two-way sync between Outlook 2010 and the phone. The system only transfers info from Outlook to my phone, despite having Link set for two-way sync.

I spoke with Blackberry today and after confirming my settings and re-booting the phone, the representative told me that after speaking to someone further up the chain of command my issue has been identified and is under investigation.

Developer
My Device: Q5

Great this means that it will definitely be fixed! Just be patient and please post the solution for other people to see and be helped! :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

I bought the z30 with the understanding that the 2-way sync issue with the operating system had been resolved and that I would be able to sync both ways between my phone and outlook 2010 just as I synced my Curve 8330 to the same Outlook program but now I am totally confused and don't understand what Blackberry is telling me in their response. I don't understand what is the significant of microsoft office "click to run"

Is there any one on this Forum that can sync both ways between the phone and Outlook 2010 using Blackberry Link and a USB cable, can you tell me how to do it? 

RESPONSE FROM BLACKBERRY SUPPORT

Thank you for your recent contact with BlackBerry® Customer Support.

Contacts and calendar appointments from Microsoft Outlook can be transferred to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link for Windows. This import is a one-way transfer of data from the computer to the BlackBerry smartphone. This transfer is not required if Microsoft Outlook contacts and calendar appointments are synchronized with a web-based email account that has been integrated with the BlackBerry smartphone.

Perform the following steps to import the contacts and calendar appointments to the smartphone:

1. On the computer, launch BlackBerry Link.
  2. Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to the computer with a USB cable.
  3. In BlackBerry Link, click the Settings icon.
  4. Click Import Contacts/Calendar.

A Workaround has been created as seen below:

Microsoft® Office has a new feature for installing Microsoft Office 2010. Since this feature does not optimize Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI), it cannot be used for for synchronization with the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.

BlackBerry Link does not support importing data from Click-to-run installations of Microsoft Office 2010, since Click-to-run does not optimize MAPI. Install a version of Microsoft Office that does not use the Click-to-Run technology. Purchased and trial versions of Microsoft Office include both the regular self-extracting executable version and the Click-to-Run version.

If Click-to-run is installed, the account to which Microsoft Outlook 2010 Click-to-run connects can be added to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, and wireless contact and calendar synchronization can be enabled. This will allow Outlook and the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to remain wirelessly synchronized through the account to which Outlook 2010 connects using Click-to-run.

For more details on Click-to-run compatibility, search for Microsoft Office 2010 Click-to-Run

New Contributor
My Device: z30

After a long session with a helpful Blackberry support person, I determined that for me to successfully complete a 2-way sync between my z30 and Outlook 2010 I have to go into 'Accounts" through "Settings" and select BBlink as my default account for calendar. When this is done, the sync works whereas when I used my email address, I could only sync from Outlook to the phone.