Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
My Device: BlacKberry Z30
Accepted Solution

Unexpected black bar appearing on the screen.

I'm not sure when this started happening but every time I tried to fly through the applications on the main menu by running my fingertip on the bottom of the screen, a black bar appears which is highlighted red on the first two print screens. It then continues onto the hub as shown on the second screen shot. It overlaps over the messages and it irritates me. Also the configuration menu on the third screen, the background is somehow black. When I took the screenshot, it was appearing dark grey which it should have been. I used paint to paint it black because that is how it's appearing on my mobile right now. I did factory reset twice and it didn't change anything. I'm not sure if it was the Blackberry virtual expert app that trigged this problem, I have no idea. Please help. I have been trying to fix this for days. 

Thank you for your time!:Batman:

Developer
My Device: Q5

Re: Unexpected black bar appearing on the screen.

Did you installed any bb leaked os? It might be the version of the os... if not try installing the latest bb official os you will over come this prob. !
New Contributor

It wasn't leaked. I came with my Z30. How do I re-install my operating system?

Developer
My Device: Q5

You can go to crackberry and search for the lates os available from there you can see all the instructions :smileywink:
New Contributor
My Device: 9930

Reinstall OS is the answer way too much for BlackBerry.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

only once in 5 yeras did i have to reinstall my OS and that was from a non supported app I had installed.

There seems to be many people that reccomend an OS reload and have no clue with the real issue is

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Enterprise SME
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

That black bar appears for me as well when I touch my finger on the tab selection bar at the bottom that you highlighted in your first two screenshots.  That is how it is supposed to look when you are using the bar to switch between tabs/active frames/hub. 

Are you saying that it appears all the time now?  It disapears for me as soon as I select which tab on the ribbon I want and take my finger off.

<edit>

Actually on the 2nd screenshot it does look like it is stuck on.  When I'm selecting it on my phone there is a mail icon similar to the 1 icon in your 1st SS.  What bundle are you running?  I'll see if I can reproduce that with the same version.

New Contributor