Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Contributor
rdshadden
My Device: Z30

Where is the 'manual' update button when I select manual mode to update calendar and contacts

I do not see anywhere on the phone to manually update my calendar or contacts from google.  The only thing that seems to work is to allow the timeframe that I selected to elapse which in general is ok but I would at some point only manually update this information on occassion but the phone does not seem to be able to do this.

JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Where is the 'manual' update button when I select manual mode to update calendar and contacts

When you set up your Gmail account, did you see a manual option?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
rdshadden
My Device: Z30

Re: Where is the 'manual' update button when I select manual mode to update calendar and contacts

There is a 'Sync Interval' setting during the setup process and the same option is available in the 'Edit Account' screen.  However, when I am in the contacts application, there isn't any option to immediately update contacts even if I chose 'manual' as the 'Sync Interval'.  On my Samsung S 4G I can just go to 'Accounts and sync' in the settings menu or from either the contacts or calendar application and select the accout that I want to sync.  I can also tell the system to sync at anytime (which I have never selected) and to Auto-sync (which again I choose not to do).  I can then manually sync in the individual account page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127442388@N08/14912162887/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127442388@N08/14912163347/