Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
GromitJK
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: A1
Accepted Solution

Wifi connected - but no internet

Hi!

I´m new to Blackberry and just recieved my Z30 (which i really like a lot!)

Yet i do have a problem with the wifi connection. I managed to establish a connection to my wifi router. In the settings i see, that the connection is active. Signal is good.

But on the top bar i still see the 3G icon (instead of the wifi icon). I also got a message, that my wifi has only limited access to the internet.

I know, that the router is working, because all my other devices (for example the laptop i´m typing this message on) do have access to the internet.

Are there any special settings, i have to check on my blackberry z30?

I found the advanced wifi settings with lots of technical informations about the wifi connection - which of this information should i post to help solving my problem?

Thank you very much for your tips!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hircos
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone uk

Re: Wifi connected - but no internet

Normally when I get a limited connection to the internet it's to do with the router not the blackberry, I have a Z10 and it sometimes gives me limited if it's not connected fully. I.e if I'm connecting to a hotspot etc, have you tried to see if it's your routers firewall that's not letting you through?
Please use plain text.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

Try resetting your phone and router the problem will disappear :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GromitJK

I talked with my internet provider and they deactivated my router´s firewall completely - without success. Still no internet connection. They even see the Blackberry connecting to the wifi.

So i do have the following situation:

• Blackberry tells me that Wifi is connected (full signal)
  • Blackberry sends notification after connection is established, that connection is limited
  • Blackberry switches to 3G (visible as 3G icon in the top statusbar) while still beeing connected to wifi
  • Router sees the Blackberry and provides an IP adress - according to my provider, everything is ok with the router
  • Router firewall deactivated (temporarly)
  • Internet connection with all other devices
  • Still no internet connection with my Blackberry

Any ideas what could cause the internet connection problems?

Please use plain text.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

Try going to settings network connections and turn off data services and then try connecting to wifi again
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GromitJK

No. Reseting the phone and the router didn´t change anything.

But now i found out something new:

If i disable the data service of my phone network provider (it´s "A1" - in Austria) the Z30 immediately switches to Wifi and the internet access works.

That´s a workaround, but honestly i don´t want to disable 3G everytime i enter my home´s wifi range and enable it again, when leaving.

Any ideas how to solve this one? Thank you very much for your help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GromitJK

Yes! This works. But do i have to disable the data Services every time i come home and enable it again when leaving my wifi range? That would be annoying.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GromitJK

Finally found the solution. My Wifi signal was just weaker than the mobile network - so the phone switched to 3G. In my office, where we have a much better Wifi signal everything works fine.

Thank´s to all contributors for your help!

Please use plain text.