Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SFR

Z30: 4 microphones: for what apps?

the informations given by Blackberry puts forward the number of microphones in Z30 ( 4 microphones), and the advertisements of Blackberry say that it is to improve the quality of phone conversations and also those of BBM-video. I thus ask: do capacities also serve to obtain good sound recordings in the video when Z30 films with the back camera? What notice the owners of the Z30? The sound of the filmed videos are they in stereo? And what,  during the recording with the vocal recorder of the memo? Can Z30 be a good recorder of sounds? What audio formats are obtained? 

I shall like that Blackberry communicates technical information on this subject. 

What are the possibilities of connecting a stereo microphone (example: Audio technica pro 24 jack stéréo 3,5)

to Z30? 

What are the possibilities of connecting a compatible microphone USB Mac / PC (example: AKG perception 120 USB)?

Anybody of the forum or Blackberry is interested in that? 

Thank you!

( Translated by French)

http://audioblog.arteradio.com/les-steaks-memoire/frontUser.do?method=getHomePage

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z30: 4 microphones: for what apps?

It is my understanding that when you use the Z30 to film video you will get the benefits of the multiple microphones.

As for the other questions I don't know as I don't have a Z30. My guess is that the mic jack still only supports one microphone for phone communications.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!