Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

YKT
New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Z30 Apps will no open

I have a number of apps that will not open or load.

Sometimes the app will attempt to load and then nothing.  Other times all the icons on the home screen will shuffle right and then back to centre and then nothing.

Some of the apps I have ran before, some have never been opened.  All have been downloaded from "Blackberry Wold"

Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z30 Apps will no open

Have you rebooted by holding down the power button until the device powers down, the red light comes on, and the BlackBerry logo appears?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Can you tell us the apps you're having this issue with? Maybe you may need to wait for the update for the apps has new OS are rolling out.

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
YKT
New Contributor

Yes, I have tried and it did not resolve the problem.  Thx.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I would use Link to make a full backup of the device. Then do a security wipe on the device. This will wipe all your data and leave the device as if it just came out of the box. See if the problem persists after that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
YKT
New Contributor

Curiously, alll the problem apps are games.  Not really a game player, so it doesn't matter much.  However, I want to find out what is going on.

Here are the problem apps

-Games Icon (preloaded on phone)

-Angry Birds (Standard, Star Wars and Space)

-Kiwi Wonder

-Contre Jour

-Galaga SE

Thanks for the quick reply folks!

YKT
New Contributor

Okay, 

Thanks John_Clark.  I will try that out. 

Cheers.

YKT
New Contributor

For those who are interested and have a similar issue:

The phone kept saying that I needed to update the OS software to 10.2.0.429 despite the fact that it was already installed.  Anytime I tried to follow the prompt by the phone, it would then say I had the latest installed.  Two days later, I would get another notification that an update was required and went through the process again. 

When I connected to BB Link today, the desktop software also said the phone required and update to the same software.  I allowed it to "update" through Link. 

Once the update was completed, all of those apps that had trouble opening worked fine. 

Go figure.

Thanks for the help folks!

YKT