Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
Aaqib_Afzal
My Device: Z30

Re: Z30 - Battery and Heating Issue

No problem, i was able to do a selective restore using my old back-up file i created using BB Link for my Bold 9780...I then used that and restored the required items to my new Z30

That brings up back to the Battery draining issue?do u think I shud monitor it for another couple of days maybe 3-4 and then report back here?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sure, please do.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Aaqib_Afzal

[ Edited ]

Hi

Ok so i have been doing many things these couple of days wth my Z30, i have tried device wipe, re-install OS and even installed the latest leak, but still havent been able to find a solution for this problem.

So i installed battery guru when my device is fully charged with the charger still plugged in my battery power usage is normal at around -0.01w but the moment i remove it my battery usage is somewhere around -2.00-3.00w without anything running, I just dont seem to understand whats using my battery so much thus this causes the heating because something is processing and i cant seem to figure out what that something is. Even on standby my battery usage is -1.2w-1.8w which is not normal from what I have been reading around

I can be certain this is not the HW because all the battery apps shows the battery health as 100% but neverthless i could be wrong. I just dont understand whats eating up my battery so much as a friend of mine with a Z30 purchased in malaysia runing on 4G ect has a battery life of upto 1 day +.

Im really considering sending back my deivce back to dubai and get the shop to replace the device as its really frustrating to have battery for only 5hrs and then needing to charge it

Any other suggestions by anyone?

JSanders

Aaqib_Afzal wrote:

Hi

Ok so i have been doing many things these couple of days wth my Z30, i have tried device wipe, re-install OS and even installed the latest leak, but still havent been able to find a solution for this problem.

After any OS upgrade on a BB10 device, it will take 48-72 hours for the device data syncing of email, contacts, social apps, etc., to complete and finish. High data transfer after an upgrade cause high processor use, which in turn causes high battery usage. Likewise, high processor use will cause some lag and initial slowness, AND it can cause battery heating. Even on standby, because for this initial period, even on standby, the device is syncing data.

Ignore and and be patient. It can take the 48 hours for all contacts to sync back to the device. And, the battery will recover after a few days. Just don't drain your battery to 10% or less each time, top off the charge. You'll notice a difference after a couple days.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
omjesus_786

Reply: Z30 - Battery and Heating Issue

dear friend

i too have the same issue.

i too bought it from dubai, through my relative and i am using it now in india.

same problem.... what u faced, i also came across. i did all the necessary settings to reduce the batter consumption. but, it's all waste of time. i sent the hand set to dubai for service. they rectified it. and now, the battery withstands better.

earlier, the battery will with stand for just 3,4 hours and once if you disconnect the hand set from the charger unit, and wihtout using the hand set, the battery will keep draining off. and enormous heat generated in the hand set also.

after service, it is better now.

i just bought the hand set last month and i experieced this problem from the day one of usage.

after service, i have not yet activated my email account, FB accounts. just i have activated my gmail account, what 's app. that's all.. nothing else. now, the battery with stands for one complete day.

but, still i am not convinced. i have to keep trying by adding all my necessary email accounts and to check for the battery back up.

all i can tell you is to send the handset to dubai for service.... which will alone yeild solution.

JSanders

Re: Reply: Z30 - Battery and Heating Issue

omjesus_786, You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
omjesus_786

change mobile no

hi

done the changes.

thanx for your kind suggestions.

sribbm
My Device: z30

Sorry to say, my Z30 battery drains too fast! Without usage 20 hrs. With some app playing, a few hours. Whereas Samsung s4 stays 3 days if no usage
JSanders

sribbm, check your Settings > App Manager > Battery. This should show which app(s) are consuming most of the battery power.

Knowledge Base Updates
sribbm
My Device: z30

In BlackBerry10 OS 10.2.0.224, there's nothing like Settings > App Manager > Battery