Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Developer
npross
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Z30 Cannot Add Contacts

Brand new Z30.  Cannot add any contacts.  Go to the contacts screen,.. Press Add Contact, type in name and phone number, press save and... nothing.  No contacts.

Tried unchecking all but local contacts and tried to save, again nothing. Sim card. Nothing...

BBM has contacts

Mail app seems to recognise outlook contacts.

Contacts app is empty.

I've seen recommendations to do a full security wipe and start over but this really has to be some sort of bug.  Everything else seems to work fine.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
npross
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Z30 Cannot Add Contacts

[ Edited ]

Bump... Anyone have any answers?

Further to the above problem:  If I take a picture the camaera app only shows the last picture taken.  It doesn't show any of the other pictures I've taken.  If I go into file manager the pictures are there.

This cannot be a coincidence.  Can't add contacts, can't add pictures. 

Edit... Sorry, the picture thing was a red herring.  They eventually showed up. 

But this Z30 experience has been pretty crappy so far:

1. Cannot add contacts... No way, no how.

2. New photos take some random amount of time to show up in the camera app

3. Blackberry Link shows "loading sync relationships" forever... and the internal volume doesn't mount UNLESS YOU TURN OFF WIFI (huh!?)

4. Great support, no phone support even for brand new device and a forum that doesn't even have the courtesy of a reply within a week

5. Oh, and just to add insult to injury, my Q10 erases all my corporate emails, resets my email settings 2-3 times a week and redownloads them (eventually, usually takes about an hour) all while draining the battery because PIM services is using 50% CPU

AND I LIKE BLACKBERRY... Imagine how much vitriol I could spout if I didnt...

Please use plain text.