Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
CNel94
My Device: Z30

Z30 Device Switch Issue

Hello,

I want to start with the positive and say how much I have enjoyed BB10 and my Z10.  I was one of the first to get a Z10 in February and although there were some initial issues (as with any new product) I have been extremely happy with the advancements Blackberry has made.  Keep up the great work!

I had the opportunity to move up to a Z30 and have come across a bit of a problem switching devices.  V10.2.0.424 rolled out this morning for my Z10 which I promptly updated thinking that would be the best before I did the device switch with the Link software.  Unfortunately my Z30 software is V10.2.0.210 and appears not to want to update past  that version.

The problem is that I cannot perform the device switch as I receive a message that my old device has newer software than my new device.  I am looking for any suggestions other than waiting for a newer software version to be available for my Z30.  I have already started the switch process and do not want to quit.  

I scanned the posts and did not see anything else related, my apologies if the question has already been asked.

Contributor
noel_roberts
My Device: Z10, 9900, 9810, 9800, PB 16GB, PB 64GB, PB 32GB LTE

Re: Z30 Device Switch Issue

@bizdudePB
I'm having the exact same problem.

Further, the on phone device switch seems to only show me help information and no actual way to do a device switch.

Please help!
New Contributor
CNel94
My Device: Z30

I spoke with Telus support and they transferred me to Blackberry support.  Apparently I need to wait until a newer software version is released for Z30 in order for the device switch to work.  The explanation given was that although the Z10 and Z30 are both running V10.2, the Z30 has a different version number due to configuration and hardware differences.  I was told that there would be an update within a week, here is hoping!

I can load my calendar and and contacts to the Z30 but I am missing many of the configuration settings I have come to love on the Z10.  I would rather wait and perform the device switch then try to copy the Z10 settings manually.

A bit of strange situation no doubt.

Contributor
fgareri
My Device: Not Specified

im having the same issue with my new z30

leave it to blackberry to continue to mess things up.

disgusting.

Contributor
EdyC
My Device: Z10

Hello,

some users was able to transfer the data from z10 to z30.

Here is a Link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z30-f401/transferring-z10-backup-data-z30-850877/

Maybe this can help you to solve the problem.

Kind regards

Edy

Contributor
fgareri

thanks but this is a newer issue than what those people were dealing with...

i have 10.2 on both my phones.  my z10 has a newer version of 10.2 that is not available for the z30 and link wont let me transfer anything.

i got my contacts sorted out, its everything else im concerned about.

simply disgraceful.

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

With the Blackberry phones, if the Blackberry ID accounts are different between teh phones, the data will not transfer accross. With Blackberry, you cannot have two phones on the same account. 

For the "Reminder" files I copied and pasted the contents of each one in to an email and emailed them to myself. I then picked them up with the other phone. I then manually rebuilt the "Reminder" files. For the custom dictionaries I am taking my time and rebuilding them manually as I go. 

With the email addresses, I found the latest Link software allows syncing both ways with MS Outlook. I am also using Hotmail sync for the contacts. These are not an issue. This is the same for the schedules. 

For photos, music and etc., I have everything on SD cards. I copied the complete SD card to a new one of the same size.  I am using 16 GB.  

Jerry G.
Contributor
noel_roberts

I have been doing the migration manually. I used the same BlackBerry ID, and manually added my Hub communications, such as Corp email, Gmail, yahoo mail, twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. It also moved my BBM, so now my old z10 doesn't work. Everything in those moved over automatically, including my contacts.

I'm downloading my apps manually. Can I do a backup of the z10 and a restore to the z30, and have the apps settings move over?
Contributor
fgareri

thanks for the help, but it's not a blackberry ID issue.  its an OS issue. link wont transfer my z10 files because it has a new version of 10.2 and the z30 doesnt have that version yet.

i dont see why i have to do all this **bleep** after spending $700 on a brand new phone.  this isnt the 1990s. but Blackberry seems to be stuck there...

i've been a blackberry user for over 10 years and have had about 15 phones.  i can assure you that this is my last one.

*insert middle finger here*

Contributor
noel_roberts

I have the exact same problem with the version difference. I meant to update my earlier post. I wanted to provide an update of what I was doing. I wish there was a better way.

True that this should have been figured out. I use Android, iPhone as well as the z30 now (z10 before). I have had issues with all of them. I got a new iPhone to play with and tried to start with a new Apple ID, and the validation process of my email addresses failed several times. Netflix and YouTube disappeared on my wife's iPhone and refuse to re-install.
Many issues with Android (mainly Galaxy Tab 2 and S3).

Now past the initial issues with changing to the Z30, I am very much enjoying the phone. Lots of little clean up items and minor tweaks that make it more polished. I would give it more time.