Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Contributor
EdyC
My Device: Z10

Re: Z30 Device Switch Issue

If the version difference is the only  issue, you can try to change the version manually with Darcy's BlackBerry Tools

Link: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/darcys-blackberry-tools-824364/

There is no guarantee that the device will restore all your data successfully. Use it at your own risk!

Kind regards

Edy

Please use plain text.
Bacucco
My Device: Z10 and Z 30
My Carrier: Tim

I have the same problem, is there any solutio yet.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
noel_roberts
My Device: Z10, 9900, 9810, 9800, PB 16GB, PB 64GB, PB 32GB LTE
My Carrier: Rogers

Not that I am aware of.  I have been moving things over manually.  Connected with my Blackberry ID, added all my communication user ID's to show on the Hub, and now manually downloading apps.

All my Remember notes were on dropbox (using that feature of Remember) so I should be able to get my notes.  What's really missing is all my app settings.  Stock info in my stock apps, etc.

Once I've downloaded my apps, I was thinking of doing a backup and then a restore to the new phone.  Wonder if that would work?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
noel_roberts
My Device: Z10, 9900, 9810, 9800, PB 16GB, PB 64GB, PB 32GB LTE

Do you know if its possible to downgrade a Z10?  Maybe that's an option.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
EdyC
My Device: Z10

I'm not sure if this is possible. Did you try to change/lower the backup version of Z10 ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
koutb123
My Device: BlackBerry® Bold Smartphone
My Carrier: ksa

[ Edited ]

i am having the same issue 

Mod Edit: Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
davefromcm
My Device: Z30

This is ridiculous.  Why do we need to go to thrid party software for something so simple!

Please use plain text.
davefromcm

I absolutely agree.   On Crackberry, people are saying to use D'Arcy Tools or sideload a higher OS for the Z30.  One should not have to do this in order to do a simple device switch.  No one has been a bigger BB supporter than me and I am finally running out of patience

Please use plain text.
davefromcm

I am with you on the waiting.  Did they say for sure the software update within a week?  I am assuiming you mean before the 12th?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You can edit your backup file if you want

http://www.mondoblackberry.com/en/blackberry-10-restoring-backup-after-a-firmware-downgrade/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.