Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
cdlaidlaw
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

Z30 WiFi issue -Won't connect while Q10 will

I've recently upgraded from the Q10 to a new Z30. When using up my home Wi-Fi on my Z30 it stopped connecting. Attempted to re-enter password and it fails to authenticate. Tried deleting and re-entering password on Q10 and that worked fine.

Please note my Z30 works fine on my work wi-fi which only differs through use of corporate WPA2 vs WPA personal (at home).

Any suggestions? It's a recent change. Everything was fine last week but now I can not get it to connect. Tried two home Wi-Fi networks so far and both fail to connect on Z30 ... but Q10 is fine with the same password and settings.

OS 10.2.1.3175 / SR 10.2.1.2941
Z30 STA 100-5
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cdlaidlaw

Re: Z30 WiFi issue -Won't connect while Q10 will

I think I've fixed this problem...

(Bit of History) I'd recently been to a Tim Horton's and had attempted to use their Wi-Fi network which in turn enabled the Wi-Fi option "Prompt when saved hot-spot is found nearby".

I disabled this option under Wi-Fi advanced settings and my Z30 is now able to connect to my previously saved Wi-Fi networks again.

Definitely needs to be fixed (hopefully before 10.3.1 this fall)

Hope this helped :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

maybe next time try deleting the wifi profile in the phone and add it back in again

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cdlaidlaw

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I tried that :smileyhappy:

In fact I deleted and attempted to reconnect both the Z30 and Q10. Only the Q10 was successful.

The difference between the two phones was the enabling of the "Prompt when saved hot-spot is found nearby". Disable this and the Z30 began working again with saved and new Wi-Fi networks.

Thanks for the suggestion though :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

did you reboot your wifi router too? i have to do that once every few months at the office and maybe once every 6 at home

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cdlaidlaw

Yes even tried rebooting my wireless modem and cable modem. I troubleshooter everything without any change. Finally it's when I went back to work and the Z30 then failed to connect to that network that I realised something was wrong with the Z30 specifically. I even uninstalled any app I'd downloaded in the past week as well.

In the end it was that check box I mentioned in the Wi-Fi Advanced Settings that needed to be turned off. Success, I'm now online in my home and on Wi-Fi without any issues.

Yeah!! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

glad to hear you are doing better now

Please use plain text.