Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Highlighted
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone Australia

Z30 speaker of ear piece broken?

Hi I have a Z30 since early December and it has been working absolutely fine for me, until Sunday night, when I noticed, that I can not hear a single sound from the ear speaker. I can make calls with headphones or the speakerphone function, but absolute silence from the speaker.

Is this possibly a software issue, or likely to be hardware?

I updated to 10.2.1 yesterday, when the update finally came trhrough, but that did not solve it either.

Any suggestions, that I could try to resolve the issue?

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Re: Z30 speaker of ear piece broken?

It sounds like a hardware problem, you can take it in and have them check for you.

Thanks, I spoke to the retailer on the phone and they also asked me to come in. I have just done a factory reset to see if that changes anything. If not, I will need to get it swapped.

Cheers Pacco

My Carrier: o2

Hi nPacco, I have a fault much like this, did the factory reset work?

Cheers

J

HI James, sorry that it took me a while to respond. Sadly no, the reset did make no difference. I have been given a new handset, as the speaker was probably broken.
From other posts I have had the impression that some people have bought the speaker units separately and have replaced those themselves. But if I understood that correctly, or if that would even be possible for the Z30 I have no idea.
Good luck with your unit.
Cheers Pacco
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Be careful replacing parts on your phone if your phone is still under warranty. If anything goes wrong and it can be proven that you did work yourself, there goes your warranty.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.