Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
My Device: Z30 - Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Z30 uneven screen colours/backlight

I've noticed when using my Z30 that the blacklight seems brighter at the bottom bezel. This is of particular annoyance when watching movies. Does anyone else notice this? You can see it in some of the settings and navigation bars as well. Landscape mode really amplifys this issue. 

I've had this problem since day 1 of ownership however I thought if may just have been a nuance with the device however I'm starting to see devices without this problem in people I know who have recived them for work or when I check it out on demo devices. 

Anyone else having this issue? I would like to get it fixed ore replaced if possible. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Z30 uneven screen colours/backlight

there is no backlight, its an OLED screen.

Bring it back to place of purchase to begin warranty on it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

One thing to check for... are you wearing polarized sunglasses? This causes uneven lighting for many.
New Contributor

Yeah sorry I realise its OLED, by backlight I ment brightness of the screen. Sorry. 

I took it in today and looked at a second demo phone at a different telus store than I checked yesterday. The store yesterday didn't have the issue. The store I went to today did have the same issue as my phone. I don't know if this will actually get fixed if I send it in for warranty and not just be considered within acceptable limits. 

I have a post up on crackberry forums asking other members to check their Z30s and see what the result is. If i get a lot of "no i don't see it" then I'll send it in. Otherwise Im sitting at 2:1 ratio of bad vs good screens.

Developer
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

You should provide a link here to the forum post so we can see the responses too. I'm about to buy a Z30 and I'm interested in seeing if this is a widespread problem.

New Contributor

Not many people replied so I just bumped the thread. Here it is

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z30-f401/test-screen-uniformity-if-you-dont-mind-877427/
Developer

I found problems with your original testing picture. I uploaded a better version and showed what was wrong with the original in the crackberry post.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

not many threads on it yet and no one i know has companied about it with theirs

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer

This issue seems like one of those things that only picky or very attentive or detail oriented people would notice. Maybe designers or the like.

That said, I would definitely notice even though I'm not a designer. I'm planning to see a Z30 tonight. Will post back after.