Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

Contributor
omjesus_786
My Device: Z30

composing text message in Z30

it gives big head ache to compose text message in this Z30.

in the blackberry hub, i am choosing the option of compose and selecting text messages.

in text message, i first choose the contact person details from the contacts list ( address book). once if i do this, that's it...... nothing happens further. the respective contact person number is not selected and the screen shows the same screen. if i type the message in the key board, i hear only the tap sound and nothing displays in the typing screen. or if i try to give "END CHAT", then also nothing happens. or if i choose "send message" also, nothing happens. 

so... i tried the second method. i first typed the sms text message, then, i tried to select the contact person details. then also the same story.

on the other hand, if someone sends me text sms and if i reply their messages, it is working.

but, if i want to compose a text sms by myself. it is not at all possible.

whereas, i am composing WHAT'S APP, where it works without any problem.

i face the problem only in composing TEXT SMS.

how to solve this?????????? will it be a software (OS) error or  some settings to be changed? please help..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Odie44

Re: composing text message in Z30

I have this same problem....  i used Blackberry link to transfer my contacts from my Torch to my Z30 and I think it corrupted something.  It seemed to work so well  but most of the blackberry users I have talked to havent done this....  they have just used contacts grom gmail and facebook and twitter....    I am resetting my phone to see if it works to  just have my contacts added through gmail instead.   Curious ??  Did you also use the BLackberry link to transfer your data?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Odie44

It worked to reset the phone and then put all contacts into gmail contacts through saving a csv file and importing from outlook.  It backed up easily and not the texting doesn't freeze....  Must be a glitch with the Blackberry link as it loads the contacts.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
omjesus_786

Reply: composing text message in Z30

hi

i was having BOLD 9780 earlier ( bought in DUBAI) and the latest OS of that handset is just version 6.0. it needed a blackberry desktop software to backup/ restore the datas.

but,. this Z30 didnt supported that 6 OS Desktop software, even though the back up file of OS 6.0 was of BBB File.

so, i downloaded blackberry link to my PC.

through this balckberry link, i restored the contacts list from the PC ( same BBB File) to this new hand set Z30.

i dont know, what to do now..... preparing TEXT SMS is the head ache. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Odie44

If you call your network support they will connect you to blackberry support and tell them it is a blackberry link issue. They will help you to save your contacts from bold and load into Gmail and then it will sync with your new phone. Just set up a Gmail account if you don't have one yet and connect it to your phone. It worked very well.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
omjesus_786

hi

noted the details.

if someone sends me text sms and if i reply their messages, it is working.

but, if i want to compose a text sms by myself. it is not at all possible.

Please use plain text.