Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z30

New Contributor
BrianGeeChacko
My Device: Z30
Accepted Solution

hub freezes

This is what happens
I charge my phone before going to sleep
The wifi is still switched on

However, the next time I start using my phone I am unable to select any of the hub notifications. It just freezes.

Switched off the wifi but the wifi symbol does not go off.
I have to restart my phone every time this happens.

My bbos 10.2.1.2102

Any one faced with this issue?
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: hub freezes

I would recommend doing a Security Wipe:

To perform a Security Wipe please follow the instructions below. Be sure and use BB Link to make a full backup before proceeding with the wipe:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33591

Once the wipe is complete you can restore your backup. Keep in mind that data in the backup may be the source of the original problem and restoring it may restore the problem, as well. To alleviate this I recommend not restoring the Settings portion of the backup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
BrianGeeChacko

But what really is the issue?. I would do a security wipe as a last option. There is a load of data.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I don't know. It could be something in your data or apps. A security wipe is where to start. Make a backup. You can restore it and see if the problem persists after the wipe, and then after a restore
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
BrianGeeChacko

I tried the security wipe. It has been more than 2 hours. Does it take that long time ?

Guru I
John_Clark

It can take that long. It can take longer if encryption was enabled.
Guru I
John_Clark

Don't interrupt it. You'll have more problems if you do.
New Contributor
BrianGeeChacko

Thanks John_clark, it is now activated and working. Just hope no hub problems later
Guru I
John_Clark

I recommend not restoring the Settings portion of your backup. The problem could lie in your data somewhere.
New Contributor
BrianGeeChacko

Haven't done that.  :smileyhappy: