Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Additional Items

So I have a new app for BFBB.  Got rejected the first time because of the location of the buttons in the app bar.  Not the end of the world, made the correctons and re-submitted.  Now it got rejected because they did not like a label in a context menu.  Again, not the end of the world, but why should I get penalized for another submission because they did not see this during the first review?  I will make the change, but if I get rejected again because of a new item, then this has the potential of going on forever.

Developer
saprykin
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Additional Items

I think the best thing you can do here is to go through the whole UI Guidelines and check all the tips given there. When I did such a thing I have found a lot of misses in my app though I though my app perfectly matches BFB criteria.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NSR Reader for BlackBerry 10 @NSRReader on Twitter
Me @xelfium on Twitter
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

It can't go on forever of course, as you only have 3 attempts than an appeal.

As saprykin says make sure you've double checked everything for the next submission and that it's obvious to a user where the functionality is (if it's obvious to the user then it should be to the tester).

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

This would have not been in the guidelines. I have "settings" in the app bar. The setting page is a list of possible settings that when selected, takes you to a sub-page for that particular category of settings. On another page, I have an action (in the overflow) that says "settings" that takes the user directly to the sub-page that pertains to that page. They did not like that the app bar has a "setting" button and the action has a "settings" action. I just need to rename the action from "settings" to something like "foo settings".
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

LOL

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.