Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Re: Angry with BFBtestingteam after a long journey through changes

Calm down, guys!

Regarding B4B, we already know it is hard to get.

But refusing the app for LE trade-up because of the language issues, that's ridiculous. My mother language is not supported by BlackBerry portal, too. Should I feel less important than others?

It is really hard to promote BlackBerry locally, if you can't support users with local apps in local language.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

This was mentioned but OP didn't get rejected for LE he thought B4BB and LE were the same apps in any language qualify for LE.
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

@BallRock:  Sorry for your frustration too.  But the criterial for BFB has been posted for a long time and in every remark that Alec has been made has also centered around BB service integration.  We are not asking everyone to read every web page on the BB website.  I've missed information as well over the years and typically responded with WTF, how come I was not told about this.

You can have a great app.  No one is forcing anyone to be fully compliant with BFB.

I think it is clear the BB has a communication issue on multiple fronts.  But in this case, the BFB web has been clear to the people looking for BFB certification.  Even in the email back to you had links to the web page.  In submitting for BFB, you are asked to the terms of BFB testing which contains links to the website. You probably need to take a little responsibility on this specific item.

Now, moving forward, it would be very easy to integrate to a service.  It should like sharing which channel you are watching to BBM friends would make sense, changing your BBM status to the channel being watched would make sense.  Creating bookmarks of favorite stations and allowing for the list to be shared (Facbook, Twitter, BBM, etc.) would be a good integration point.

I would not give up on your original app either.  Have it in English and Norwegian.  It is probably good to have most apps support multiple languages.  BFB does not restrict it being in Norwegian, but it is hard to test apps if you do not know what it is saying.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telus

Just to clarify further,  for Built for BlackBerry (but not for the LE trade-in)

"Your app must support at least one of the following languages:

• English
  • French
  • Italian
  • German
  • Spanish"

That is only if you want your app approved as "Built for BlackBerry." Apps that do not include one of these languages can certainly be listed in BlackBerry World and can qualify for the Limited Edition trade-in. (I believe that you have to include an English description for BlackBerry World, no matter what language your app is in, but of course you would also want to include a description in your app's native language also.)

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Mel17
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I am trying the read the whole post but it's not clear if this original issue was resolved.

@ballrock are you still looking for more info on your LE submission?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alex_mokrushin
My Device: Not Specified

I'm not happy with BFBtestingteam too.

I was waiting for a month their approval. Now the app is rejected (it's 2-nd time) with message "Please note that your game has not be accepted into the Built for BlackBerry program, as it fails to pass the User Experience testing".

This app is not really the game!!! I use all the "native-looking" GUI elements. What does this "User Experience testing" exactly mean? There's no clarification mail this time! Why?

I've send several messages to bfbtestingteam@rim.com but they don't answer at all!

So I'm really angry too!!!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

@Mel17 the original poster's problem has been solved.
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

@akex_mokrushin: They must think it is a game. What is the name of the app?
Please use plain text.