Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

New Contributor
wearepinata
My Device: Playbook

App accepted into Blackberry World but no B4BB link?

Just wondering if anybody else was experiencing the same problem. Last week our app was accepted into the Blackberry world store (Jan 18th) but when I tried to find the "apply" button as this article suggested to submit for Built for Blackberry it was missing. We are now well past the submission date so I am assuming the button isn't coming back. But was just wondering if anybody else experienced a similar problem?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: App accepted into Blackberry World but no B4BB link?

It wasn't an Android app, was it? They're not accepted for BFB.

Anything unusual about it (if that's not the case)?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wearepinata

[ Edited ]

Nope. We created it using Adobe AIR so it should be fine. The only other thing that I can think of was that when we were submitting it to the store we didn't click the checkbox that said Blackberry 10 as we didn't want to it automatically be put onto phones (as we only designed it for Playbook). We were kind of hoping that option would be able to be changed somewhere in the settings, but now that doesn't seem to be the case.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

That sounds like the cause. I think you need to add a new filebundle and mark it for BB10, get it reapproved (should be quicker since it's presumably an identical file?) and then the Apply link will be there.

I don't think you have a deadline issue either, since apps submitted by Jan 21 are safe, provided you submit for BFB testing by whatever the new deadline for that is, in February.

Also note that BFB is actually an ongoing program, with no deadlines. The only deadlines have really been about the $10K commitment. If that wasn't your concern, then you can just forget the dates altogether.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wearepinata

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try reuploading it and see what the outcome is. We're hoping to make the 10k Developer Program so that was the deadline I was referring to. I will let you know how I go. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jetstreamblue
My Device: Z10 LE #00055

That's correct, apps marked for PlayBook do not get the BFBB application link.
Unfortunately, submitting a BB10 filebundle will not be much quicker. I've submitted PB versions of my app after submitting a BB10 version, and it has still taken weeks to approve.
VENTURCON
For BB10: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, PM Assist
For PlayBook: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, Business Analysis Toolbox
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

I think they might prioritize the BB10 releases just a bit higher than PlayBook right now... (purely guessing though, but it would seem logical).

For what it's worth, prior to the portathons, my BB10 update to a PB app took only two days for approval. With those 35K new apps in the pipe, however, I don't think you should expect less than 10 days. Should still be okay for the 10K/BFB deadlines, however, for anyone who made the Jan 21 cutoff for the original submission.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wearepinata

Thanks for the feedback. I expect that it might take a while to get re-approved for BB10 (especially after the portathon) but I'll resubmit it and see what happens. I will let you know the verdict. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
thubalek
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook 32 GB

Also please note that apply for B4BB you can only of app is approved for BB world.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- My Blackberry 10 app at http://blackberry.hubalek.net
-- My Android apps at http://android.hubalek.net
Please use plain text.