Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
agaripian
My Device: Z10 & Dev Alpha C

App got Denied for BFB! Included Invocation framework but Review Claimed I did NOT Integrate at least one BlackBerry Service.

[ Edited ]

My app got denied the Built for Blackberry Program. The email claimed that I didn't include an  Integration of one BlackBerry Service. Which is NOT true. I have a share via BBM option that lets you share information from the App via BBM. 

I worked really hard on following the guidelines to make sure I met the BB10 Standards! 

I already emailed the BFB email address. What else can I do? Any help would be great! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer of Stocks for Blackberry 10
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: App got Denied! Included Invocation framework but Review Claimed I did Integrate at least one BlackBerry Service.

Apparently you are going to have to wait for BlackBerry to come up with its appeals process and then get in the queue with the rest of us.

[No sarcasm intended this is just stating the facts as they stand]

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: App got Denied! Included Invocation framework but Review Claimed I did Integrate at least one BlackBerry Service.

agaripian, how obvious is this feature? It's quite possible for a reviewer not to notice all parts of the app. It's unclear to us still whether they read the descriptions thoroughly, check the screenshots, and explore the entire app carefully, or whether they take it more like a new user might, where they might miss certain features if they're not very "discoverable".

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
agaripian

Re: App got Denied! Included Invocation framework but Review Claimed I did NOT Integrate at least one BlackBerry Service.

[ Edited ]

Its also listed in my description in app world and its included in the screen shots. 

If you long press on a stock item in the list the Context Menu opens and has the menu option to share via BBM. 

App is : Stocks for Blackberry 10

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: App got Denied! Included Invocation framework but Review Claimed I did NOT Integrate at least one BlackBerry Service.

So it's possible they didn't long-press. It's not always a very discoverable thing to rely on.

Does the app do something when you just select (tap) a list item? If it brings up another page or sheet, maybe you can add a Share action in the action bar on that page. This is a fairly common way to make sure functions are available even if a user doesn't realize he can long-press on something.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
agaripian

Yea it does bring up a detailed view of the stock after you tap the item. Good point I should include it in the action bar on the second screen. 

Thanks for the suggestion!

Retired
IAmTheAllspark
My Device: Z10

-----------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter @IAmTheAllspark
Developer
agaripian

WOW Amazing Support from Blackberry! Thank you for that quick reply! 

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

I've answered several posts from new posters over the last few hours all asking about invocation, all virtually the same question, how to do it.

This must be the new rejection line.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Retired
IAmTheAllspark
My Device: Z10

Our testers are only human and humans are not perfect, sometimes there are oversites.  Please be gentle, we will do our best to work with you to get this figured out.

For information on Invocation Framework, please visit our documantation page:

http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_platform/invocation/invocation_framewo... 

Or post questions in the NDK Support Forum.

-----------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter @IAmTheAllspark