Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
jaiaca
My Device: Z10

Approved Apps and Games

I've been seeing quite a bit of "my app was rejected" threads and wanted to know, see and download apps that were being approved.

Partly I'm curious about the quality of apps getting the designation and partly because my own game - WordsPlus - is still in pending (received no emails either) and prehaps we all can learn a little something to improve our chances.

Has your game or app been approved?

Do you (honestly) think it will be?

What's the name or link? 

Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
New Developer
netcom1155
My Device: playbook

Re: Approved Apps and Games

just a thought, I think RIM is smart. If this is a top notch game/app on BB10, it should be fairly easy to make close to 10K mark in 12 months. So pretty much either we don't qualify or some that are over-qualify will reach the 10K mark without the reward.

Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C

Not really casue at the end of the day RIM needs and wants to show the world that you can make a grand easy on BlackBerry and there just helping prove the point. If no one makes grand and everyone  eles goes over the 10k it just show the RIM has really poor app and some really great apps nothing in bettween. which is not the case.

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Keep in mind, RIM will control App World in a way to promote the apps that are on the low end of 1K. Being featured for a period of time will dramatically increase sales and reduce the difference that RIM will have to payout at the end of the year. Everyone wins.
Developer
jaiaca
My Device: Z10

Good point. In the end, if everyone who makes over 1K actual makes over 10K it looks great for RIM and also encourages developers to make more quality apps.

I'm very eager to see what types of apps and games get B4BB designation. And honestly, I'm a bit happy to see so many people get rejected so far...If every app/game got B4BB then what's the point??? It would lose any special meaning of quality.

My only wish (besides getting B4BB myself, lol) is that in BlackBerry World on the phones, they need a section for B4BB stuff....similar to "Start Kit" and "Staff Pick"
Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

There will be a unique section in BBW for B4BB. That has been said.
Trusted Contributor
Sangram
My Device: BB10-Dev Alpha

It doesn't seem anyone has any game/app still approved as B4B.

I also have one game rejected and 3 others are still to approve and then will apply for B4B, hopefully :-)

Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C

I get explanation for rejecting one of my apps (after 10-15 days). "Apps that perform a simple single function such as play a noise or display a graphic are not eligible for this program."

Application is called Night Clock and it is full featured night clock, with alarm, adjusting dimming, etc. How that fits into rejecting reason above? :smileyhappy:

Developer
thubalek
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook 32 GB

That is bad.

I'm afraid that BB is going to cheat us ;-)

They will (in January) give B4BB just to apps that for sure will exceed 10k in first year (so they will pay nothing) and reject all apps that are not top notch (so they will pay nothing again).

Very clever.

I'll most likely push my app after this deadline hoping that app will get B4BB because criteria will get weaker and will hope that B4BB badge will help customers to find it in the mess created by recent port-a-thons.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- My Blackberry 10 app at http://blackberry.hubalek.net
-- My Android apps at http://android.hubalek.net
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

thubalek wrote:
That is bad.

I'm afraid that BB is going to cheat us ;-)

I wouldn't call it cheating, at least it is not intentional. RIM has already allocated money to pay for this programm, $10 mln is nothing actually given the whole DevRelations budget. It is just bad organisation. I hope that RIM wil extend the deadlines, otherwise there will be a lot of frustrated developers.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry