Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Approved Apps and Games

There is no deadline for B4BB. B4BB will continue after the launch of the device. The 21st deadline is to get apps in if you want them available by launch.

@mzex: I would reply back asking for further information. Keep your emails so if you think you need to escalate the issue, you have an audit trail. Explain to the person sending you the email how to access the other functions (maybe they could not find out how, so appears to be a single function app: tells time). Ask them to re-review it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
thubalek
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: BleskMobil

Agree that the word "cheat" may be too strong (I'm sorry but I'm not native speaker) and hope that they don't do it intentionally.

I'm quite successful indie Android developer and I invested a lot of time to BB10 as I really like it.

So hope that they will overcome these "kid diseases" and establish fair relationships with developer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- My Blackberry 10 app at http://blackberry.hubalek.net
-- My Android apps at http://android.hubalek.net
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

RIM has always been fair and will try to correct things if something went wrong. However, there are a handful of developers that will try to cheat the system to get free devices and money without adding value to the echo system. Those are the ones that RIM will try to safeguard against. B4BB will allow good developers with good apps to make some good money above all the apps that crowd the marketplace.
Please use plain text.
Developer
thubalek
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: BleskMobil

Sounds good, hope you are right ;-)

At the moment my major consern regarding B4BB is that criteria are very flexible and in case that majority of normal but well built apps will be rejected then there always will be doubts about fair processing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- My Blackberry 10 app at http://blackberry.hubalek.net
-- My Android apps at http://android.hubalek.net
Please use plain text.
Developer
jaiaca
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I agree with 

Also, like I mentioned when I started this thread, if everyone got the designation then the B4BB logo would be meaningless.

Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

I agree with the criteria seems a little wide spread. Since this is new for BB, the people evaluating the apps are also on a learning curve and the more situations that come up, the more data they will have to have a more uniform criteria. I spent a lot of time to make certain all the boxes were checked with my apps, and I still nervous that one or more will fail. I've received 2 apps failed already, but because they were reading the PlayBook description of the app, not the BB10 description.
Please use plain text.
Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

Ah, page 2 and still no links to Apps which got approved for B4BB?

I got also rejections and I'm feeling very frustrated and fooled by RIM in the meantime. They rejected 3 without any clarification email and 1 with a very weak, pointing to the checklist I have to met. Nothing more!

After trying to find out what I have done wrong I contacted several guys I know from the JAM in Berlin, posted at this forum and ranted during the Port-A-Thon.

I got last night a detailed email with the explanation why they haven't accepted it for Built for BlackBerry. It has nothing to do with all the FAQ's and Checklists with features from BB10 you should use or languages it should support. Sadly the mail had a confidential in the footer so I guess I can't post the content over here. But I'm sure, many developers will get to a similar point. (except those working for companies like Rovio)

You can find a summary over here since it is a very long post and I don't want to crosspost the whole content: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Built-For-BlackBerry/Rejected-app-for-built-for-Blackberry-wi...    (it's the lower 1/3 of the posting)

If I'm tomorrow still in the same mood as today I will cancel my flight to Amsterdam. I full stopped developing. No deadlines for me I have to stick to.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

@helex 

Don't take it to personal, we are all in the same boat here. I submitted 19 applications and they are all rejected. 

Well, i guess, we could live without B4BB :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook
My Carrier: -

I got fooled by Nokia in the past. Doesn't feel good to get fooled again. I planned my life around RIM the past months. How shouldn't I take it personal?!

At the Jam in Berlin they made a lot of Buzz about B4BB and the 10k Commitment. And last weekend they repeated the same stuff again and again during the Port-A-Thon, only to get developers more enthusiastic. Not to reward committed BB10 developers which done a lot of work to met the B4BB checklist.

I should have simply recompiled my pure QtQuick qml stuff to get it running at the DevAlpha without recreating everything using cascades and fiddling with all his hickups and drawbacks. This way I would have it now ready to publish it at Jolla Mobile and the Ubuntu Handset without much buzz.

A friend got a great Space Invaders Clone developed using qml, it was rejected with the reasoning "to poor graphics", not more. - Space Invaders, Hello?!

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C
My Carrier: Rogers

See the things is there looking for amazing apps not just the basic run of the mill good apps.

The UI has be follow there steps as well and format and text style, correct icons and ect ect.... 

Also the you say Ravio but yhea they want those kind of apps as well.

Dont get me wrong i applied as well and fingers crossed I get in but Launch Codes for BB is not really a top notch app but id love to hear what they say so i can make it better even if i get rejected.

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.