Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Contributor
Ovogame
My Carrier: (na)

Re: Approved Apps and Games

You can add one of my game: Jump Birdy Jump.

JC

http://www.ovogame.com/bb
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Carrier: Telus

Okay, I added it to the spreadsheet, but I have to take your word that it was approved form Built for BlackBerry. Have you updated the BlackBerry World icon and/or description, because I'm not seeing any official evidence that it is BfB approved.

These kinds of indications are rather inconsistent at the moment.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ovogame
My Carrier: (na)

No, I haven't updated the icon and description yet. I've got a couple of more games still pending and was waitting for them before updating everything. Anyway, BlackBerry haven't done any extra marketing for those app yet. So, there is no rush. I'll take a look today if I have time for updating the icon.

thanks

JC

http://www.ovogame.com/bb
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Carrier: Telus

And the keywords of course. Since BlackBerry hasn't done any marketing yet on BfB, it's even more important for you to do the marketing on your apps for now. The icon is the most important because it's the most visible.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
georg22
My Carrier: vodafone

@bcs925 

No, i did not split one app into three parts. These apps have different topics. Now i know, that i should have concentrated on one huge app like you did. You made the right decision. Congratulation.

But i was not able to see this. I watched the webcast about B4BB and was pretty sure that my apps will pass with ease. This webcast led me into the wrong direction. I decided to finish three smaller apps - good enough for B4BB - and add more features later. 

Now i am expanding one app, so it will hopefully pass. But its too late for the 10K. Thats why i am angry.

Please use plain text.
Developer
thubalek
My Carrier: BleskMobil

Not sure what your expectations from BB10 earnings are but keep in mind that 10 000 USD is about 100 hours of skilled mobile developer.

In case that good app will not earn such a money per year then there is serious problem with BB10 platform.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- My Blackberry 10 app at http://blackberry.hubalek.net
-- My Android apps at http://android.hubalek.net
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
georg22
My Carrier: vodafone

@thubalek

My expectations for the 3 smaller apps were not high, because the "target group" is very small. I expected, that at least one of them might earn more than 1000, so the 10K might be possible. But thats not the point. The point is that i feel misguided by BB.

I will stop in this thread, because its off topic.

Please use plain text.
Developer
helex
My Carrier: -

georg22 wrote:

@bcs925 

No, i did not split one app into three parts. These apps have different topics. Now i know, that i should have concentrated on one huge app like you did. You made the right decision. Congratulation.

But i was not able to see this. I watched the webcast about B4BB and was pretty sure that my apps will pass with ease. This webcast led me into the wrong direction. I decided to finish three smaller apps - good enough for B4BB - and add more features later. 

Now i am expanding one app, so it will hopefully pass. But its too late for the 10K. Thats why i am angry.

I feel your pain and frustration, I got caught by the same trap. I had a hard week after my first rejection of one of my (in my own opinion) "best Apps". I realized after the first dust was settled the small parts which maybe were missing and updated in a coding marathon my App. I have myself still not a single App approved, so it's a very hard challange. There are already spread a lot of hints in this forum what is maybe needed.
Good luck! And keep us updated about your progress. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
blackqtcoder
My Carrier: Telefonica Spain

thanks neilwick !! Good job my friend !
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leandro Cerdan - Duantox Apps
BlackBerry Elite dev
TapyHold, Built for Blackberry multimedia scrapbook
Please use plain text.