Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook
My Carrier: -

BFB at BlackBerry Live 2013 in Florida

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks,

Just in case someone is also interested, BlackBerry had a Built for BlackBerry booth at the Jam / BlackBerry Live 2013 in Florida.

They had some icons of approved BFB Apps put on the wall of the booth. I were myself unable to attend the event, but here are two images of the booth I received and I would like to share:

BuiltforBlackBerryBooth.small.jpg

BKViXl6CcAAKPxN.jpg large.jpg

Perhaps some of you are able to see one of their app icons at this wall, too. :smileyhappy:

I can also strongly recommend two sessions about Built for BlackBerry:

JAM01 -  Built for BlackBerry: Past, Present, and Future of the Program

(great news over there - we will get our separate Built for BlackBerry secions at the store App :smileyhappy:)

JAM08 -  Built for BlackBerry: How to Go from Rejected to Approved

(my essay about the difference between rejected and accepted of ClipMan was mentioned and recommended at the end of this session, yay! :smileyvery-happy:)

Maybe someone who were able to attend the event has more to share or is able to report about news about the Built for BlackBerry program I were unable to discover so far. I were sadly too far away. :smileyhappy:

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BFB at BlackBerry Live 2013 in Florida

2 likes for the post, but mine not on the board sadly. :No:

Come on Helex spill the beans, first on CrackBerry, now at Live, who are you sleeping with for all this promotion? :smileywink: :smileylol:

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

Just got to the 3rd page of the presentation.

BFBB free for a limited time, what they mean is it's free until it actually starts to make developers money!

Did anyone attend this session, did this mean they are going to introduce a subscription fee or is it simply referring to the fact that currently it is free to get approved?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer

Come on Helex spill the beans, first on CrackBerry, now at Live, who are you sleeping with for all this promotion? :smileywink: :smileylol:

The "promotion" at BlackBerry Live had no impact to the download numbers of my App. There are only the icons visible, no App names. So even if interested a visitor had no idea what to search for at the store. :smileyhappy:

And about CrackBerry I were myself surprised, someone over there seems to had the impression to have here a useful tool for always connected BB people. :smileywink:

And before you ask again, I'm sure I were only mentioned during a JAM session because of the invested time and work to compare a not qualified with a qualified version of my App in detail. :smileyhappy:

But thanks for thinking a affair with me could lead to additional promotion. It seems you think I'm more sexual attractive thank I thought about myself. Thanks for the compliment! :smileyvery-happy:

BBSJdev wrote:

Just got to the 3rd page of the presentation.

BFBB free for a limited time, what they mean is it's free until it actually starts to make developers money!

Did anyone attend this session, did this mean they are going to introduce a subscription fee or is it simply referring to the fact that currently it is free to get approved?

The information about a possible fee was available since the beginning: 

https://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/overview.html

As I understood from the presentation streaming is that there are currently no concrete plans if and when it will get a paid service. But if I interpret the presentation and the BFB documentation correctly it will be a small fee to raise the level for applying to the testing (it seems to be a lot of work to do the testing) - understandable since currently it doesn't hurt the developer to simply clicking apply. We discussed this already a lot. :smileyhappy:

Developer

I'm sure you're very attractive! :smileyhappy:

I think it's been scientifically proven there is a direct link between how good a programmer you are and how handsome you are. :Whistling:

Developer

I'm not fully convinced that I'm always able to understand your british sense of humor... but I'm also knowing some of your projects, so...! :Tt2:

I hope we will have a chance to meet at the Jam 2014 in Amsterdam in person. Maybe a hug may solve some of the issues you have. :Whistling:

(german sense of humor)

Developer

LOL, If I make enough money to afford the trip, I'm definately there.

Developer

No slur was intended by the way (either your looks or your coding ability), just a straight joke. :smileyhappy:

To get this thread back on track, having read through all the Jam Session documents this morning I like the direction B4BB is going in.  I believe I suggested a month or so ago that B4BB apps should appear first in any search list and it looks like this is coming soon.

Some of the coming changes to BlackBerry World are also long overdue but welcome.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Are app was on the board as well. No lift from JAM week. Hope they figure out BFBB before they start charging for it.