Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
fracobx19
My Device: Blackberry Simulator 10.2
Accepted Solution

Built For BlackBerry LogoBadge

Hello

I Reccently got my first app aprroved into the Built for Blackberry program, and received an email wich gave me a link for downloading the branding assets.

I guess that now that my app is built for blackberry i have the chance of ussing this logos, but sincerily I don't know how to do so. I mean, where can I use them, are there restrictions of any kind?

Thanks in advance!

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Built For BlackBerry LogoBadge

That was an old requirement. You do not have to change your app icon if BFBB. It shows up in BBW as BFBB.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

With respect, I don't think that is what the OP was asking. I use the BFB logo both in my app (on the splash screen) and on my "feature" image for the app submitted to the developer portal. It also shows up on my web help page for the application.

To the OP, you can use the BFB logo both in your app and to promote it. I believe the major restriction is that you must use the text supplied in the assets package to describe the BFB program. You cannot make up your own.

jtegen wrote:
That was an old requirement. You do not have to change your app icon if BFBB. It shows up in BBW as BFBB.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Developer
fracobx19
My Device: Blackberry Simulator 10.2

That's what I was looking for, because I didn't know where or how can I use the BFB logo. And now I have a clear idea of how to do so. Thanks greenmr
New Developer
abinlesly
My Device: DEVELOPER

No restrictions other than advertising the same. Check the docs!!

******Blackberry Developer*******---Built for the Kill-----
#######Developer of @Sudoku#########