Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Contributor
DigitalMaestro
My Device: Dev Alpha B, Playbook 16GB, Z10 LE

Built for Blackberry response times

Hi,

I submitted an app to the Built for Blackberry program on December 3rd and have heard absolutely nothing since.  I received no email confirming the submission and no email indicating rejection or acceptance of the app.  I was given to understand that 10 business days was the expected turnaround time.  If that is the case then I would have expected a reply by now.  Lengthy response times such as this kills developer momentum.  I have several ideas for functionality I want to add to the app.  However I am forced into a holding pattern waiting to see if the original app has any fundamental issues preventing BfB functionality that would need to be resolved first.  By the time Blackberry gets around to looking at my app I might be on to another project....

The app is VoipSyght, app number 39726919

Thanks

DM

------------
"The shortest answer is doing." - Jacula Prudentum
My app: Cashalyst
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Built for Blackberry response times

So basically 7 work days so far, a bit more patience is needed, you are lucky you aren't submitting when I did at the start of the program when the wait time was 2 months.

I also don't buy your argument sorry, you are more than capable of working on all those great ideas you have while you wait. I recomend reading up on technologies like CVS or Subversion and learning about branching.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
mishi
My Device: Dev Alpha

You will receive a detailed Email when your app was accepted or rejected, but you can always check the status on the BFB page.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

Most of us are waiting about 30 days or so for a response, despite the 10 business day blurb when you submit. That said, there are several very long threads about this already in this forum. A quick and simple search would have turned them up without the need to start yet another one.

Forum search is your friend.

DigitalMaestro wrote:

Hi,

I submitted an app to the Built for Blackberry program on December 3rd and have heard absolutely nothing since.  I received no email confirming the submission and no email indicating rejection or acceptance of the app.  I was given to understand that 10 business days was the expected turnaround time.  If that is the case then I would have expected a reply by now.  Lengthy response times such as this kills developer momentum.  I have several ideas for functionality I want to add to the app.  However I am forced into a holding pattern waiting to see if the original app has any fundamental issues preventing BfB functionality that would need to be resolved first.  By the time Blackberry gets around to looking at my app I might be on to another project....

The app is VoipSyght, app number 39726919

Thanks

DM

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Contributor
DigitalMaestro
My Device: Dev Alpha B, Playbook 16GB, Z10 LE

Thank you all for your comments so far.  Perhaps more patience is required.  However I will say that if Blackberry has a stated target of 10 days and yet very rarely hits that target then perhaps it might be a good idea for them to change it to a response time that they are capable of meeting.  Customers/Developers are apt to get frustrated and abandon ship if targets are consistently missed by what appears to be a margin you can drive a truck through (in looking at historical posts).  They set deadlines for contests, awards, etc and expect us to meet them.  Is it too much to ask that they do the same?

DM

------------
"The shortest answer is doing." - Jacula Prudentum
My app: Cashalyst
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

I agree that the boilerplate submission text implies that 10 days is normal, rather than just the shortest possible wait time , and since the shortest actual approval time these days is at least 20 business days they should probably stop promising what they can't deliver. Perhaps they should borrow a page from TV shopping channels... "Please allow 4-40 weeks for delivery."

:smileyvery-happy:

Overconfident promises aside, given BlackBerry's current problems and employee reductions, I'm not surprised things like this are taking longer. I imagine non-customer facing departments like BFB would be the hardest hit when the axe falls. Be thankful there is still a BlackBerry to offer these programs. Better twice as long as promised than never.

:Innocent:

DigitalMaestro wrote:

Thank you all for your comments so far.  Perhaps more patience is required.  However I will say that if Blackberry has a stated target of 10 days and yet very rarely hits that target then perhaps it might be a good idea for them to change it to a response time that they are capable of meeting.  Customers/Developers are apt to get frustrated and abandon ship if targets are consistently missed by what appears to be a margin you can drive a truck through (in looking at historical posts).  They set deadlines for contests, awards, etc and expect us to meet them.  Is it too much to ask that they do the same?

DM

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.