Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Contributor
lamike
My Device: Dev Alpha B

Deadline Extension?

Is it possible to extend the deadline for resubmission for the Port-A-Thon? I haven't heard back from my inital release, and if I don't hear back by tomorrow, it will already be too late ot fix and resubmit.

It would really suck if I missed out on a reward just because of a minor issue with my app (dead link, missing icon etc.)

Do you guys at Blackberry plan on extending this deadline? I know you guys must be swamped with apps to review so it's going to take a while to get through all of them. 

Thanks,

Mike

Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30

Re: Deadline Extension?

Yeah, I don't think my app will be approved in time to submit for Built for BlackBerry even though I submitted it during the "guaranteed to be reviewed in time" time frame. Something has to give.
Contributor
lamike

When was the gaurantee made and where can I see it? 

Thanks a lot,

Mike

Developer
raffi

[ Edited ]

Well one example is that on this page: https://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/10kcommitment.html

It says:
Recommended App World Submission Deadline³:
January 11, 2013 at 8:00pm EST

And then the footnote says:
³ Any Apps submitted for BlackBerry App World Approval after this date may not be approved in time to meet the Built for BlackBerry Submission Deadline. In such a case, RIM will not be responsible if a Participant is not eligible to participate in the Offer. See Terms and Conditions for full details.

They say any apps submitted after the deadline may not be approved in time. That means any apps submitted by the deadline will be. It also says that RIM will not be responsible for those who are not eligible due to them submitting after the deadline. That also implies that they ARE responsible for those who submit by the deadline.

Contributor
lamike

I think that they were talking about the 10k Built for Blackberry prize in that one... 

In the chatroom yesterday Lou said he wouldn't "pull the rug from under us" and give us time to review our apps if there was somehting wrong with them, so I hope we can get an extension on the deadline... Have you heard back on any of your apps from last week?

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

RIM has made it clear that their will not be an extension to these promotional deadlines. BFB will continue after the release of BB10. 10K will not (but a new promotion *may* occur at some later point of time).
Developer
raffi

Then they better approve the apps submitted prior to their recommended deadline otherwise they'll have a lot of pissed devs on their hands who will feel shafted by being left out of the 10k.
Developer
jasoncheung
My Device: Dev Alpha

The thing that really is starting to get on my nerves is the lack of ANY sort of communication regarding these issues. Their silence is starting to turn me off of RIM and I hate it, because I've been such a supporter and spreading the word of BB10.... now I just feel like they talked us all up when they needed the initial support, and now they are just dumping us because they got the support of major devs and the media....
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I felt the same way too. However, I was able to talk with RIM about this on the phone, and you have to believe they are aware of the situation and are working hard to resolve it. None of the port-a-thons impacted the deadlines for those that would qualify for BFB and 10K. I doubt that any of the port-athons are in line for either of these programs since there is no way that a new app, developed in a 36 hour period would be of the quality they are looking for. Maybe a game, but not an app. Unless of course they had a BB10 app almost done and just were waiting the last possible moment to submit it and earn a $100.

The only thing this really impacts is the review process. If you got it in, you're OK. You just might not find out the results in a timeframe you would like (same here too).

I know it has been said, but we all have to be a little patient. I would be surprised if RIM really thought they would receive 60K app submissions in the last two weeks.
Developer
jasoncheung
My Device: Dev Alpha

It's nice to hear that, but they need to officially address the dedicated BB10 developers. People don't mind waiting as long as there is some sort of feedback. What's worse is the fact that we've had apps approved that were submitted later than others. When a ticket just sits there as NEW without even a sniff that someone has looked at it.... that's just wrong.