Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Contributor
djpip27
My Device: Developer - Curve 8250
Accepted Solution

Debug Version of your WebWorks Application for Built For BlackBerry

I'm confused.

I've made a debug version of my application as well as a release version. The release version was approved and is now avaliable in AppWorld.

I've clicked on 'Add Release' and now uploaded my Debug version whilst entering Debug into the release details and the name of the File Bundle. Do I need to click "Submit Releases for Approval" inorder to submit my debug version or does leaving it in draft state still allow for it to be processed for Built For BlackBerry testing? Can someone confirm this because I don't want to miss out on this oppertunity or cause the App World team hassle by submitting a debug version to the storefront.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
djpip27

Re: Debug Version of your WebWorks Application for Built For BlackBerry

Also a link to the original post incase people wonder what I mean:

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/01/create-debug-version-of-webworks-app/

Please use plain text.
Developer
PawelGorny
My Device: PP

NO!

djpip27 wrote:

Do I need to click "Submit Releases for Approval" inorder to submit my debug version or does leaving it in draft state still allow for it to be processed for Built For BlackBerry testing?

NO!

Make sure you do not submit the debug version to BlackBerry World testing

--
Regards,
Pawel Gorny
my apps: http://pawelgorny.com/
PGpgp, Your Reply, Anagrammatist, Texas Hold'em Odds Calculator, Contacts to CSV
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
djpip27

Thanks. Think I've done everything correctly then.

Please use plain text.
Developer
asiayeah
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900

I'm confused, too. I have a BB10 WebWorks app and have already clicked "Apply" in "Built For BlackBerry" and it's now showing "Pending". Does it mean I still have to submit a debug version?

From http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/01/create-debug-version-of-webworks-app/, it said: "Enter “Debug” in the Release section and select Apply for Built For BlackBerry."

What's meant by the Release section? Is it referring to the "New In this Release" field or the Bundle Name? This thread implies I should create such a release and leave it in draft state?

Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
djpip27

I think as long as you have created a new release (left in draft) status with either the release notes or file bundle labled as "Debug" then when your application is processed for Built For BlackBerry they will use this debug version for further testing. That's how I've left mine and it too shows "Pending" next to my application which I submitted ~3 working days ago.

If I get anywhere further with the process I'll report back.

Please use plain text.