Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Developing for months, hit every deadline, application not even being looked at!

Having been developing my app for months, hit the deadlines imposed by RIM even with such short notices, my app is still sitting waiting for approval!!!

How can it be fair that the port-a-thon apps have taken priority away from potentially more useful apps?

It's looking more like my app will now not be available on launch and this is bitterly disappointing after all the promises made by RIM to convince me to move over from Android.

Would someone from RIM like to comment on this?

How many others are in the same boat?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

Re: Developing for months, hit every deadline, application not even being looked at!

I don't think that port-a-thon apps are taken priority over other apps.

I guess all the apps are reviewed in the same sequence as submitted to vendore portal. We all are waiting for our apps to get reviewed.

And don't worry, even though BB10 would be launched tomorrow, it won't be available immadiately to customers!

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Developing for months, hit every deadline, application not even being looked at!

A lot of people are still waiting for approval. We have a few of our own. The good news is that we probably have a couple of weeks before handsets are on the market, so hopefully that will buy everyone some time to see those apps approved.
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE #00055
My Carrier: Telus

jtegen wrote:
A lot of people are still waiting for approval. We have a few of our own. The good news is that we probably have a couple of weeks before handsets are on the market, so hopefully that will buy everyone some time to see those apps approved.

The Z10 could be hitting the streets sooner than we think...  Rumors are as soon as Jan 30:  http://crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-available-vodafone-uk-january-30th

Well, we'll find out tomorrow for sure anyways.

VENTURCON
For BB10: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, PM Assist
For PlayBook: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, Business Analysis Toolbox
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

Well my app finally got approved over a month after submission, now I suppose I'm to wait for B4B approval or disapproval as the case may be, 1 more month.

Seeing as my app has a British bias (for now) it would have been nice if it was available from the get go but water under the bridge now.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.