Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Does a link to AppWorld count as Service Integration?

I was hoping to invoke the Voice Notes recorder through my app, but the invokation attributes are still not published. So I was just looking for alternatives to fulfill the "Servicve Integration" requirement and saw that AppWorld is in the list at https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_platform/invocation/invoking_core_app...

Now even the PlayBook version of my app already has a link that opens AppWorld and takes people to the download page of my app (so they can conveniently leave a review) - so I'm a bit puzzled at the thought that just doing that again in my BB10 app might be enough to qualify (I was expecting to have to do something really complicated :-))   

Can somebody perhaps confirm whether I understand it correctly, that a simple link to AppWorld would qualify as "BB10 Service Integration" ?

Thanks

Anna

My app : Get set - Get up!   Get ready for the snooze revolution.

Developer
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook
My Carrier: -

Re: Does a link to AppWorld count as Service Integration?

What was the outcome? Have you met the requirements?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I didn't get any answers yet ...

And still nothing I'd *really* want to integrate with (calendar, voice notes) is available yet. :-(

My app : Get set - Get up!   Get ready for the snooze revolution.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

We're suppose to have the schemas next week. Which will only leave about a week to get it all integrated. There is talk about getting an OS update next weel too. I hope the update, if it exists, will include all the native apps to invocate against.
Retired
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Apman,

one thing to keep in mind with the Built For BlackBerry program is we will be closely assessing the application as it pertainins to its value to the user so you want to ensure that you are integrating a service in a way that brings value to the user, it can't be seen as an feature added to the app simply to meet the criteria of service integration.  Without seeing your app I can't immediately comment if the deep link to appworld in your application would count.  

Developer

[ Edited ]

samyotte wrote:

one thing to keep in mind with the Built For BlackBerry program is we will be closely assessing the application as it pertainins to its value to the user so you want to ensure that you are integrating a service in a way that brings value to the user, it can't be seen as an feature added to the app simply to meet the criteria of service integration.  Without seeing your app I can't immediately comment if the deep link to appworld in your application would count.  

Thank you for your Message, Apman.

Could you please have a look at my App DreamRemote?

Symbian: http://store.ovi.com/content/307059

Nokia N9 MeeGo: http://store.ovi.com/content/255668

I've rewritten the Application for BB10 to meet the design guidelines and it works just great. But since it is "only" a Multiremote application I have simply no Idea about a useful service integration. There are no images or texts to share or messages to type. And I'm sure a BBM message "I'm using now DreamRemote" is not a feature which brings much value to a user.

What about those kind of applications?

Any kind of advice?

Would have been great to be able to leave a message for the BB guy which needs to test the application. (Simply to say where to find the invoke framework features if used)

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

In this app, do you get data back async at any time that would require a user notification? If so, a notification and blinking red light might be a good integration.
Developer

No, the feedback happens directly after a user interaction. A communication from the receiver back to the application happens never initiated by the receiver.

I've got now something:

If the connection fails the user is able to press a help button to open a Dialog with a explanation about the possible reasons for the error. I placed there now a Button which opens the Network settings of the device.

I hope the tester will find this Button. Everything else would feel like a unuseful feature which has noting to do with the purpose of the application. :smileysad: