03-23-2013 10:55 PM
I didn't get any email but when I went into the vendor portal this morning I noticed that Scientific RPN Calculator for Blackberry 10 got approved for BfBB.
I had basically given up on it but I guess it made it through after re-evaluation. Yay!
03-24-2013 07:26 AM - edited 03-24-2013 07:33 AM
How can this have got through... it's just a calculator!
Just kidding, congrats!
On a more practical note if you feel like posting what changes you felt were needed to pass, might be useful to others.
03-24-2013 07:42 PM
I basically implemented all changes that Nancy suggested I'd implement. After that she told me there was going to be a re-evaluation of all app that had been rejected for the dreaded 'single feature' reason. Apparently it made it through
The changes were:
- fixed a splash screen issue (got crunched because app fires up in Landscape)
- Added an application menu (drag from top)
- Removed unwanted context menu and copy/paste blue droplets (no longer possible to inadvertently pull this up)
- Added a section to the beginning of the help file explaining the basics of how to operate an RPN calculator)
Before that I had already added:
- Invite Friend to download
- Share calculated results through invocation
- C++ based keyboard sound (this removed laggy sound experience when it was still done through HTML5)
That's it basically as far as I can remember.
03-24-2013 09:33 PM
Cheers for that.
The good news is you're in the program the bad news is you now have to make it look just as nice on the Q10.
2 (fun) suggestions;
1) Add the disclaimer 'Q10 users must have small fingers'.
2) Sell each app with its own stylus.
03-24-2013 11:24 PM
It's gonna be very cool on the Q10. I had already made these plans regardless of whether the app was going to get BfBB or not. I'm planning to have the display full width but the keyboard split in two halves which you can swipe left / right. It will also have full physical keyboard support.
As soon as I receive my Dev Alpha C I'm going to start on that.
04-09-2013 08:27 PM
Congratulations! I just finished reading through the frustration thread and thought, he better get approved. It's good to see that the changes made helped to make it an even better app as well.